FS2020 Cant Pop Out G1000 MFD display

Latest Information on Sim Innovation's flagship product Air Manager

Moderators: russ, Ralph

sportster64

FS2020 Cant Pop Out G1000 MFD display

#1 Post by sportster64 »

this was working in FS2020 earlier today, but now it isnt.
When I try and Pop Out the PFD, it works fine.
When I try and Pop Out the MFD, it will no longer pop it out into a window to slide under my panel.
It turns to a Plus marker when holding down the ALT key, but will not detach it.
Im not sure how to fix.
the only thing I did was remove my two 27 inch monitors , I currently have my main display hooked up with my two 15.6 inch touch panels.
Air Manager lets me put the Panel overlays on the touch screens ok
also, i checked, it is not hiding anywhere under the panels, or minimized anywhere

SimPassion

Re: FS2020 Cant Pop Out G1000 MFD display

#2 Post by SimPassion »

sportster64 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:45 am this was working in FS2020 earlier today, but now it isnt.
When I try and Pop Out the PFD, it works fine.
When I try and Pop Out the MFD, it will no longer pop it out into a window to slide under my panel.
It turns to a Plus marker when holding down the ALT key, but will not detach it.
Im not sure how to fix.
the only thing I did was remove my two 27 inch monitors , I currently have my main display hooked up with my two 15.6 inch touch panels.
Air Manager lets me put the Panel overlays on the touch screens ok
also, i checked, it is not hiding anywhere under the panels, or minimized anywhere
Just reconnect the two 27", you will retrieve the popout panel and be able to relocate it. Next exit MSFS, re disconnect the two 27", re connect the two 15.6" an you're gone

sportster64

#3 Post by sportster64 »

Yes, that works.
I believe it is a bug in fs2020.
It should not try to send a pop out panel to a monitor that no longer exists.
Thanks for the help.

SimPassion

#4 Post by SimPassion »

sportster64 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:13 pm Yes, that works.
I believe it is a bug in fs2020.
It should not try to send a pop out panel to a monitor that no longer exists.
Thanks for the help.
No, this is the location scale of the window which is wrong : not the same between the 27 and 15.6 monitors, further this is not an MSFS thing but rather a windows sub-system, that MSFS rely on.

Sling

#5 Post by Sling »

Not great that the OS does not tell the sim that the location is no longer valid. Perhaps it does and the sim just doesn’t use it and places it there anyhow. Good job it wasn’t a monitor failure and you were able to go back.

sportster64

#6 Post by sportster64 »

The thing is, I checked the montor setup before starting fs2020, the monitors were correct, in other words. The OS knew I removed two monitors, so I would think fs2020 would know as well.
The weird thing was. I could break out the PFD to the 15.6 touch display, but the MFD would not pop out.

SimPassion

#7 Post by SimPassion »

sportster64 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:08 pm The thing is, I checked the montor setup before starting fs2020, the monitors were correct, in other words. The OS knew I removed two monitors, so I would think fs2020 would know as well.
The weird thing was. I could break out the PFD to the 15.6 touch display, but the MFD would not pop out.
Windows doesn't relocate specific well-known windows by itself, we have to relocate them manually on our own. the problem come when they were previously located outside the new resolution limits, how do we know to were to keep left click down, then drag and drop ? 🤔 So, for this there's some utilities which have the ability to designate an relocate hidden window from outside the current scope of display area ...

Sling

#8 Post by Sling »

I agree Gilles. It’s yet another thing that should really be built into the OS. The OS will do something similar for icons when you remove say an external monitor from a laptop. It could simply place any windows it detects are outside the current display area centrally on the main monitor as a default position.

SimPassion

#9 Post by SimPassion »

Sling wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:30 am I agree Gilles. It’s yet another thing that should really be built into the OS. The OS will do something similar for icons when you remove say an external monitor from a laptop. It could simply place any windows it detects are outside the current display area centrally on the main monitor as a default position.
Agree too, it would have been useful, some parts were build at the time when computer get only one monitor and all appears, as if they missed we are no more in the paleolithic era 🤔

Yes I'm using the feature sometime to help me to retrieve and sort my own garbage on the windows desktop ... :lol:

image.png
image.png (10.84 KiB) Viewed 878 times