Vulkan requirement / Low Power Vulkan card recommendations

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

rbreault2707

Re: Vulkan requirement / Low Power Vulkan card recommendations

#11 Post by rbreault2707 »

Hi nice AM friends! I am almost shocked to tell you that it's working! The videos and support from Thank you so much SimPassion and Ralph (and of course Russ!).

So for other newbies like me that struggle with this, all I did was this.

Installed the 4.2 Beta AM on my laptop (will intercept data stream from X-Plane computer).
Installed the 4.2 Beta Plug-In on the computer running X-Plane 12
Made sure Air Manager was showing as connected to XPlane (on the lower right of the screen)
Created an empty panel, named it "Streaming Test" and added the Generic Garmin 430 Instrument to the panel
In the Air manager Repository I clicked on the instrument ("Generic - Garmin 430")
In Air manager I clicked the Create-Edit tab and the source code for defining the 430 is displayed
I scrolled to the top and pasted in the one line as directed just after the local declarations

the lines below with -- are just comments
-- next line was the exact line I was told to try
-- video_stream_id = video_stream_add("xpl/G1000_PFD_1", 0, 0, 1024, 768)

-- I edited it slightly to change the name to a one that made sense
video_stream_id = video_stream_add("xpl/GNS430_Comm1", 0, 0, 1024, 768)

I save the change and showed the panel and BAM - there was the 430 showing the current data from XPlane running on another computer on the network! I changed the frequency on the air manager and changed on the Flight Sim 430. Yeah Baby! hahaha

I figured I would have to calculate where the upper left of the 430 should appear and size it, but when it instantiates it seems to follow the placement per the object on the panel designer and not the parameters in the video_stream_id.

Thanks again for taking the time SimPassion and Ralph!

SimPassion

#12 Post by SimPassion »

Very glad it works and to read you've made your own understanding with trials and results, I guess you've added your own curiosity to your initial expectation, which helped you going forward. Congrats for your own implication, very encouraging for any other simmer new comer to AM πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ™‚

jph

#13 Post by jph »

SimPassion wrote: ↑Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:04 am Very glad it works and to read you've made your own understanding with trials and results, I guess you've added your own curiosity to your initial expectation, which helped you going forward. Congrats for your own implication, very encouraging for any other simmer new comer to AM πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ™‚
πŸ‘
+1
Nice work
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

CapitanBob2021

#14 Post by CapitanBob2021 »

Hello,
I am having some trouble with the video stream. For reference, here is what I have for hardware and what I have tried.
My main computer has XPlane12 on it and both Air Manager 4.1*; this computer runs 3 display screens for 180* view.
On my secondary computer I have Air Manager 4.2beta; this computer runs the two cockpit touch panel screens with knobster. I have been successful in manually linking the AM 4.2beta to the original computer as I can see when I turn the knobster dial on the second pc, it changes values on my G1000 in the cockpit view.
My problem is I cannot seem how to configure Xplane12 and AM4.2 to "streamcast" the live G1000 display back to my 2nd pc touchscreen. I have tried the line: "video_stream_id = video_stream_add("xpl/G1000_PFD_1", 0, 0, 1024, 768) to no avail.
I tried adding it to the top of the instrument "G1000" and then tried adding it to a stand alone video instrument I made. Can someone help? Here is the code I added to the instrument:
-- video_stream_id = video_stream_add("xpl/G1000_PFD_1", 0, 0, 1024, 768)

connected = video_stream_connected(video_stream_id)

print(tostring(connected))
Is there something I have to do within XPlane Network or Data Output settings I need to do as well?
Just learning to fly.

Ralph

#15 Post by Ralph »

I'm not really sure why you want to mess with the script... ? It is already built in.
Are you using the beta plugin?

CapitanBob2021

#16 Post by CapitanBob2021 »

Ralph wrote: ↑Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:56 pm I'm not really sure why you want to mess with the script... ? It is already built in.
Are you using the beta plugin?
I really don't want to mess with the script. I just want the G1000 display from Xplane12 on computer 1 to play in my AirManager 4.2 beta panel on computer 2. What can I do to fix it?
Just learning to fly.

Ralph

#17 Post by Ralph »

You don't have to do anything with the script. Just make sure that you have the latest beta plugin installed.

CapitanBob2021

#18 Post by CapitanBob2021 »

Ralph wrote: ↑Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:30 am You don't have to do anything with the script. Just make sure that you have the latest beta plugin installed.
Ralph,
I appreciate your input. Where should I be adding the script into the G1000 overlay, or should I?
I have XP12 running on PC1, I have plugin installed there. I have MA4.2beta installed on PC2. I did the manual connection and see the "Connected to X-Plane" displayed in lower right hand corner. What am I missing?
Some, not all the instruments are working too. The airspeed indicator didn't work, but altitude indicator and altimeter worked fine on PC2 streaming from PC1.
C172-G1000_1.png
C172-G1000_1.png
C172-G1000_2.png
Just learning to fly.

rbreault2707

#19 Post by rbreault2707 »

Captain Bob
Do you need to run the 4.2 beta plug-in on your computer that is driving the 3 monitors? Is that the master?

Ralph

#20 Post by Ralph »

Bob, that is the version of Air Manager you're referring to. Make sure that you also have the latest beta plugin installed: https://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.p ... ugins_BETA