Multiple Licences

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

mswift

Multiple Licences

#1 Post by mswift »

Hello

I have been using Air Manager Desktop on my laptop for some months now and find it fabulous......thankyou.
I use this laptop as a testbed before migrating any software onto my main simulator PC where I run a full size 737 cockpit using Opencockpits hardware and P3D and Prosim software.

With MSFS220 now quite mature I would like to use its visual displays on this simulator instead of P3D
I feel confident after looking at many YouTube videos from Russ etc that I feel confident that I can populate all the display screens in the Sim using Air Manager.

What do I have to do to run Air Manager on both the laptop and the sim PC.....
Buy another licence?
Can I access any purchased panels on both licences?

What is involved in removing the laptop licence and using it on the main simulator PC.......is it a simple case of deactivating on the laptop then reactivating on the sim PC?

Hope you can help
Fabulous software again thankyou
Mike

rbreault2707

Re: Multiple Licences

#2 Post by rbreault2707 »

I am new at this, maybe because of that, and a similar situation I think I know some of the answers to your question.

I installed air manager on my laptop - was thinking I would use that to run Air Manager panels on a touch screen. After mulling it over I feel would be better to have a computer dedicated to that role since I need my laptop for work.
So - I am facing the same decision.

Per the Air Manager FAQ, Sim Innovations license key is connected to your hardware ID allows you to transfer your license 3 times.

Open Air Manager
In the top menu go to Air Manager -> Orders
In the orders window you will be able to reset your license(s)

So, if you want to run Air manager on two computers, you will need to buy a second license. I am not sure about the purchased panels...

Ralph

#3 Post by Ralph »

It can be transfered more than 3 times, but you will have to ask for us to reset the limit of 3. Air Manager is not meant to switch around different computers, this is because we use a 'offline licensing system'.

mswift

#4 Post by mswift »

HI Ralph
Thankyou for the reply.....also rbreault2707

When you say transfer.....is that from one PC to another? as I realise the software is machine ID dependent.

I think the best solution for my situation would be to buy a 2nd licence but first can you answer the following please?

Can Panels purchased with one licence be used by the other licenced PC.

Sorry to be a pain but grateful for your help its a great piece of software and use it 100% of the time now.

Thankyou
Mike

SimPassion

#5 Post by SimPassion »

mswift wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:52 am .../...
Can Panels purchased with one licence be used by the other licenced PC.
.../...
Yes, no problem, it is linked to our SI account (commercial site, not the forums one)

mswift

#6 Post by mswift »

Many thanks Guys for all your help
Regards
Mike