Fontsize very small

Support for KnobFS, share your experience and KnobFS modes.

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Ralph

Re: Fontsize very small

#11 Post by Ralph »

Yes, that's also in the pipeline.

stefanbode

#12 Post by stefanbode »

@Ralph Pls let me know if I can test something. Here some information that might help:
- Windows 11 General scale e.g. 200% on 4k monitors do not have any effect
- FS2020 Accessibility-> Minimum font size is not used at all. Maybe a connect here can fix all problems

Stefan

Malaromane

#13 Post by Malaromane »

mastb wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:37 pm Would you guys ever consider adding Voice Recognition as an input choice to KnobFS? Instead of pushing and holding the button, the user simply says a short phrase to make the control active.
There's a third-party package that will let you use voice commands to switch the control that the Knobster is focused on:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niNp0mPV2uk

I've not personally used it so I can't attest to its reliability.

Ralph

#14 Post by Ralph »

Corjan is going to look at a good way to dynamically scale the thing. It's not as easy as it might sound.

Ralph

#15 Post by Ralph »

Corjan has uploaded a new beta which scales the text according to the width of the window. Hopefully this does the trick.

SimPassion

#16 Post by SimPassion »

Ralph wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:20 pm Corjan has uploaded a new beta which scales the text according to the width of the window. Hopefully this does the trick.
👍🙂

stefanbode

#17 Post by stefanbode »

I assume this is the version KnobFS 1.1 Home Use (BETA 2).exe

Since the SIM Update 12 the situation is unacceptable with the old version. Now the text is so super tiny you even cannot guess it anymore. Will try the Beta later this afternoon

stefanbode

#18 Post by stefanbode »

I checked the BETA2 downloaded here: https://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.p ... nobFS_BETA

For the play this is a massive enhancement and works. The last minor issue is that the two icons on the left to configure are still super tiny. I have heard that one mitigation is to change screen resolution to 1080p or lower to get larger icons in VR..... strange relationship

Ralph

#19 Post by Ralph »

Those have a fixed size I guess, but we can probably make those scale together.

Poobah

#20 Post by Poobah »

Ralph wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:20 pm Corjan has uploaded a new beta which scales the text according to the width of the window. Hopefully this does the trick.
Thanks to you & Corjan for the beta - it does work for making the text more visible, but in VR at least the hit-testing on the config page is completely broken. It is not possible to select a mode in the config page that will then be visible (or removed) in the modes page. Clicking on an item in the config page insteasd causes the list view to scroll. It's possible that with the correct window resizing the config page might work properly, but I suspect your hit-testing logic does not account for the new list item sizing.

Am happy to help debug this.