Instruments not fully visible on 12.9 iPad Pro

Help with Air Manager iPad version

Moderators: russ, Ralph

SteveC

Instruments not fully visible on 12.9 iPad Pro

#1 Post by SteveC »

Most of the included panels / instruments do not display correctly on my 12.9" iPad Pro (5th Generation). I've tried deleting and creating new panels as suggested in another thread which seemed to have similar issues, but no luck. FWIW, the visible parts seem to work correctly.

This seems to be some kind of graphics/scaling issue, perhaps because of a larger canvas on the 12.9" pro (just a guess). The symptoms are consistent:

Create a new panel
Add an instrument -- it appears in upper left, but only shows top portion. If moved around, it gradually expands to show everything, but ONLY if moved to lower left canvas. If the instrument is moved towards upper right, the bottom and left sides gradually disappear as it gets closer to the upper right, until only a fairly small portion is still visible. It is possible to change size (scale) the instruments, but the bottom and left sides still disappear as the instrument is moved towards the upper right quadrant of the canvas.

Two panels (Beechcraft 1900D and Epic e1000) do work correctly, probably because they each contain only one mega/multi instrument which starts from the lower left and doesn't get cut-off. Which, BTW, work well enough to show how much more fun/useful actually useable instruments can be when you are learning to fly. Since I'm a noob, I'm hoping to eventually get a similar (more accurate) experience on the "traditional" Cessna 172 beginners plane.

SteveC

Re: Instruments not fully visible on 12.9 iPad Pro

#2 Post by SteveC »

Problem solved. Kept poking around this section of the forum until I found something about "Display Zoom" which I didn't even know existed, and certainly don't recall ever turning on. May have done it years ago before the larger iPads were even available. In any event, switching from "More Space" to "Normal" fixed everything.

Gotta say, I'm really impressed. I've dabbled with various versions of X-Plane and MS Flight Simulator over the years, but never really got hooked enough to invest in any of the "extras" that would add to the experience. But this is a game changer. For a very reasonable price, my new install of XP12 just got way more interesting, entertaining, and useable. Pretty sure you are going to cost me a fortune :D :D :D Just ordered a yoke, and the Mac version of Air Manager is already on my list.

Thanks for a truly amazing product.

mikejason

Re: Instruments not fully visible on 12.9 iPad Pro

#3 Post by mikejason »

Thanks Guys, I too have been looking for an answer to this question for a long time, you have helped me)