Searching for Flight Simulator

Latest Information on Sim Innovation's flagship product Air Manager

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Binto100

Searching for Flight Simulator

#1 Post by Binto100 »

Greetings.

I know it’s been beat to death but I am stumped by a new Air Manager install stuck at Searching for Flight Simulator after the GUI loads. I’ve installed the FS plugins and reviewed the log files to confirm Microsoft Flight Simulator was found without issue, which it was.

Unfortunately you cannot enter or search for a manual path. I tried the IP route unsuccessfully.

I’m new to AM and am am my wits end on this one. Any and all help appreciated. Thanks. Bruce

Binto100

Re: Searching for Flight Simulator

#2 Post by Binto100 »

Solved!

I didn’t know MSFS had to be running before AM starts and looks for it. Stupid is as stupid does. I thought it was looking for the location, not the running program. It would be very helpful to the less bright in the world like myself if there was a quick mention of that when Searching for Flight Simulator it displays at the bottom of AM. Thanks.

Bruce

AverageSimmer

#3 Post by AverageSimmer »

Hey, I'm facing the same issue here. Still waiting for the searching to end.. I've got my FS plugins in the correct x-plane folder. Tried to run the X-plane 12.. but still searching :roll:

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

Please see our wiki for user manuals.
https://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.p ... n_problems

kholt

#5 Post by kholt »

I just lost an hour plus of my life I’ll never get back with the same problem. The documentation, including videos, provide absolutely no introduction into how this product is supposed to work even if all you want to do is use a ready made “premium” panel. I finally resolved this issue by force quitting out of the installer and restarted with XP running and now it says it is finally “connected”. But how so you actually view the panel within the flight sim? I assumed I had to access it the plug-in menu, but nope. New instrument view besides 2D and 3D cockpit? Nope. Install AirPlayer as well? Nope. The documentation provides absolutely no insight into how to launch the panel in the sim. I don’t care about designing new panels, I just want to see it work with something already created. Wouldn’t you think that would be documented somewhere? I mean, their wiki is long for sure, but what an absolutely useless mess. They are WAY down in the weeds and don’t comprehend that there are more immediate questions out of the box like how to install and view a panel. I can figure out how to design my own panels later and nudge things around a pixel or two here or there. Why do they start with that and never cover the fundamentals? I am questioning the whole value of this product because of this and wish I hadn’t wasted my money.

Might be the worst product documentation ever written. How about a “Getting Started” guide that demonstrates how to view a demo panel in the sim?

Ralph

#6 Post by Ralph »

Where does it say that you can add your panel to (within) the simulator? We don't claim this functionality as far as I know...?

kholt

#7 Post by kholt »

Well I’m pretty sure the product was advertised as being able to display instruments “live” in a window as the simulator is running.

If I’m running X-Plane, how do I open a panel and see it “do something”. It says it is connected.

This really isn’t a hard question, only no one seems to be able to answer it. I don’t need to “design” a panel, I bought the “premium” panel. I see it loaded in AirManager.

The documentation and the videos make absolutely no mention of what to do with a panel to make it display anything related to an actual flight. I’ve wasted hours trying to figure this out since there is no “getting started” guide to explain the basic concept of how to launch the product and see a demo run.

If someone asked me how to start a car, I would show them the ignition switch and show them that you just push it with your foot on the brake. Why is it so difficult to explain how to “start” an AirManager panel??????
Last edited by kholt on Sat Aug 12, 2023 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jph

#8 Post by jph »

kholt wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:18 am Well I’m pretty sure the product was advertised as being able to display instruments “live” in a window as the simulator is running. I take it you disagree and this it was a case of false advertising. Sounds like a fraud claim to get my money back from the credit card company is in order. You are implying AirManager exists only to create pretty graphics that don’t actually do anything. I could have done that with Microsoft Paint or Gimp. Why does it “connect” to the simulator if there is no intention to display data from the simulator and interact with it in some way? What is the connection actually for then if as you say it doesn’t display data from the simulator panel?

If I’m running X-Plane, how do I open a panel and see it “do something”. It says it is connected.

This really isn’t a hard question, only no one seems to be able to answer it. I don’t need to “design” a panel, I bought the “premium” panel. I see it loaded in AirManager.

I’ll try again: Is there any way to see an AirManager panel do anything? This isn’t a dumb question, but I see only dumb non answers.

I assumed I needed to do something from the Plugin menu in X-Plane to open a working AirManager panel, but that is clearly not the case.

The documentation and the videos make absolutely no mention of what to do with a panel to make it display anything related to an actual flight. I’ve wasted hours trying to figure this out since there is no “getting started” guide to explain the basic concept of how to launch the product and see a demo run.

If someone asked me how to start a car, I would show them the ignition switch and show them that you just push it with your foot on the brake. Why is it so difficult to explain how to “start” an AirManager panel??????
What a wanker. Turn the light off on the way out.
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Corjan

#9 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

The Air Manager panels are using the flight sim data, and animate themselves. They are more then just something drawn in mspaint :)
What Ralph is saying is that the panels are not part of the flight simulator program. Instead Air Manager is a separate program, that has its own windowing.

We have a youtube video that describes the basics of Air Manager. It is aimed at newcomers just like you. You have passed the link twice, once in the order email, and once in the popup wizard in Air Manager itself. That video explains the basics, and also shows how to create and start panels.

As far as the 'Seaching for flight simulator' text in the bottom of Air Manager, I can understand that can cause some confusion, I will change that to simply 'Flight sim not connected' in the next software revision.

Corjan

jph

#10 Post by jph »

Corjan wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:18 am Hi,

As far as the 'Seaching for flight simulator' text in the bottom of Air Manager, I can understand that can cause some confusion, I will change that to simply 'Flight sim not connected' in the next software revision.

Corjan

maybe do not pass GO,.................... your sim is NOT connected,........................... do not contact the forums, do not be a bleeding plonker.

That is from the Monopoly rules, :D yet, it still seems appropriate................................. :lol:
Joe. CISSP, MSc.