Ipad with X-Plane 12 on Mac

Help with Air Manager iPad version

Moderators: russ, Ralph

johnh7578

Ipad with X-Plane 12 on Mac

#1 Post by johnh7578 »

Newbie but grateful for the community here. I've read a lot and it's helped, but unfortunately still struggling to get my Ipad running AM working with XPlane 12 on a new M1 Mac. I've installed plug-in and it does appear to be working (more below) as I can get one instrument to respond, but I can't get anything else running. Trying to the Cirrus SR22 (native to XPlane 12) with the FMS panel running on the Ipad. No response from any buttons. If I add a fuel gauge and a flaps switch, the flaps switch responds correctly, but fuel gauge also does not work. The XPL_LOG.TXT files shows what appears to be a good connection and then multiple repeated errors similar to (log file attached):
06-02-2023 22:34:20.396 ERROR SimBusServerProviderPool: Failed to bind to command "afm/sr/cmd/switches/alt2_Toggle"

All OS's are latest. What am I missing? Thanks for any and all help!
xpl_log_COPY.txt
Attachments
xpl_log_COPY.txt
(44.57 KiB) Downloaded 69 times

Sling

Re: Ipad with X-Plane 12 on Mac

#2 Post by Sling »

Can you provide a list of all the exact instruments you’ve tried. I’m not sure the ones you are using are compatible with the XP12 Default SR22. As your first panel and while you are getting to grips with AM you may be better off trying a C172 panel.
Last edited by Sling on Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ralph

#3 Post by Ralph »

I don't think that the FMS instrument was made for the X-Plane 12 SR, it was made for the add-on SR that was already there in X-Plane 11.

johnh7578

#4 Post by johnh7578 »

Thanks. The components I'm referring to are the "Garmin GCU479 Autopilot & Audio HMB Version" by Keith Baxter or ""HMB Keypad - Autopilot" by Russ Barlow - either would be a huge improvement. My main issue is struggling with using a mouse for Flight Plans, loading approaches, and other similar work on the MFD.
If those 2 components above do only work with the 3rd party Cirrus used with XPlane 11, then what would it take to update them to work for XPlane 12 - is this something that I could tackle with no experience or is it just too tricky? I'm definitely just focused on that Cirrus G6 cockpit for now as I'm doing IFR training and don't want to tackle a whole new set of avionics at this stage.

Sling

#5 Post by Sling »

Yes as suspected they are for the HMB (Hold My Beer) version of the SR22. @Keith Baxter may be inclined to update them for XP 12 if you ask nicely.

Keith Baxter

#6 Post by Keith Baxter »

Sling wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:53 am Yes as suspected they are for the HMB (Hold My Beer) version of the SR22. @Keith Baxter may be inclined to update them for XP 12 if you ask nicely.
Hi,
I already did some work on that. It is not working 100% but you are welcome to beta it and let me know any issues. You would have to use spacedesk though.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

rubbersim

#7 Post by rubbersim »

Keith Baxter wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:26 am Hi,
I already did some work on that. It is not working 100% but you are welcome to beta it and let me know any issues. You would have to use spacedesk though.
Cirrus SR22T - Garmin GCU479 qwerty & GMC 707 AFCS .siff

Keith
Hi Keith, I recently discovered your GCU479 for HMB SR22 on the Air Manager Community Store and tried to use it on an iPad to control the default X-Plane 12 Cirrus SR22. As others have found, that HMB version is missing some X-Plane 12 functionality. Mercifully, you have since addressed this in the updated beta attachment linked above.

Many thanks! Your instrument looks great and the beta update makes it workable with the X-Plane 12 SR22 on my Desktop PC with a touchscreen.
On my desktop version of Air Manager I tinkered a bit and tried the following edits (Forgive me I'm new to this):

1. (lines 194-198) commented out some 'crs-mode code' to enable the CRS button to be selected. (You had something in mind here - perhaps unfinished code?).

2. (after line 250) added a push-button to the COM/NAV/CRS/XPDR knob (just like on the FMS/Cursor knob) to be able to switch active COM and NAV frequencies, and to sync the CRS.

3. (line 557) centered the ALT SEL push button coordinates.

Next I'd love to figure out how to get all the lights working. :idea:

What would it take to make your beta update available in the Community Store, so that it can be used on the iPad version of Air Manager?
(I'd like to run X-Plane away from home on a Mac laptop with an iPad)

Love your work. Cheers! :D

Keith Baxter

#8 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,

I will take a look tomorrow and see what is involved. If it is a quick fix I will do right away If not then sometime in the next week.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card