Panel switches/dial not sending events to MSFS2020

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Purcula

Panel switches/dial not sending events to MSFS2020

#1 Post by Purcula »

Greeting,

New AM installation with C152 and C172 panel downloaded. With MSFS2020 running, all display/gauges works, when switches are toggled In MSFS2020, switches on AM panel update position as well. However, when switch or dial on AM panel is clicked (using mouse control), no change on AM panel nor in MSFS2020. I went into the code and can confirm the code does step through the " fs2020_event" line, but the toggle switch on AM and MSFS2020 did not change state, as if no click action was received.

This problem is happening with all panel/instruments I've download so far. You help is greatly appreciated.

Software and plugin version:
  • Air Manager Home Use 4.1.6
  • Flightsim plugins 4.0 Home Use
-All software running on same computer.
-Same issue with firewall disabled.

Best Regards
Last edited by Purcula on Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ralph

Re: Panel switches/dial not sending events to MSFS2020

#2 Post by Ralph »

Sounds very much like a connection issue. You can try running the plugin installer again.
Having data coming to Air Manager, is not necessarily a guarantee that it also goes the other way.

Purcula

#3 Post by Purcula »

Ralph,

Thank you for the suggestion. I originally have version 3.8 of the plug in installed, then I installed version 4 last night. That did not fix the issue. I have also uninstall then reinstalled air manager 4 multiple times.

I recalled reading another post of connection issue that another member ran into. He was able to fix his connection issue by uninstalling plug-in, air manager, and also remove a folder that I'm not quite sure where.

Do you know of a link that describes a clean uninstall of all items of air manager that I can follow?

Thanks for your help!

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

Keith Baxter

#5 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,

A new license is required for AM 4.x ? NOT

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Purcula

#6 Post by Purcula »

Ralph wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:49 pm You can check out this page:
https://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.p ... n_problems
I've followed Connection problems Wik link last night and did see the 2 "client connected on port" lines without error.

I will try manual connection setup with IP of 127.0.0.1 this evening. Also re-confirm firewall are off for privet network.

As for "Clean" uninstall of Air Manager 4.x, do I need to manually delete any folder after running uninstall app?

Ralph

#7 Post by Ralph »

I don't believe in that clean install stuff. That will probably just install the plugin again (WASM module), and maybe 'repair' it, or set some stuff open in the security of the OS.

It's not that files magically change, that bits disappear and the whole thing starts behaving different :)