Selfmade gauges on Android?

Help with Air Manager Android version

Moderators: russ, Ralph

SimPassion

Re: Selfmade gauges on Android?

#51 Post by SimPassion »

Ralph wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:39 am Correct. It should behave the same, if not then we have to fix that. So there's no need to test on tablet versions.
If this is not the lowercase vs uppercase issue, then at least SI should be able to track AM Android logs and if there's no AM Android logs, then they should be implemented by SI. All this, as simmers (AM users) are not able to check anything on their own in AM Android APP and AM iPad APP background ... well maybe this should be a feature request for future implementation to be available at least to AM Android and AM iPad users, which would be a gain of time in any case while troubleshooting.

Ralph

#52 Post by Ralph »

I did not check this yet, will try to do so tomorrow.

SimPassion

#53 Post by SimPassion »

Thanks @Ralph I'm looking forward to it

Ralph

#54 Post by Ralph »

Here line 2245 and 2246 show something completely different:

Code: Select all

2245 | end
2246 | txt_set(txt1_4I, line_4_I)
But for me the whole thing is completely unreadable. It probably makes sense if you made it :)
I have no clue where the stuff happens that you see in the screenshots. So have no idea how to debug this.

SimPassion

#55 Post by SimPassion »

Ralph wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:19 am Here line 2245 and 2246 show something completely different:

Code: Select all

2245 | end
2246 | txt_set(txt1_4I, line_4_I)
But for me the whole thing is completely unreadable. It probably makes sense if you made it :)
I have no clue where the stuff happens that you see in the screenshots. So have no idea how to debug this.
Hi @Ralph thanks having worked on it

the structure is strictly the same before and after, so there's no reason there would be an issue here :

image.png

The question is : don't you have any additional debugging tool or ability we don't have as customers, on Android platform ??? If not, the Android and iPad would become the worst ever situation we can imagine, to deliver consistent instruments to the simmers community ... :shock: :cry: :|

[EDIT] Just a point @Ralph it looks like you investigated on the TextOnly MCDU whereas @cyberguerro was shoing the Full version running instead :

Last edited by SimPassion on Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SimPassion

#56 Post by SimPassion »

Hi @cyberguerro do you still have this issue on your Android tablets ??
I don't have any way to check on Android in any case.

Ralph

#57 Post by Ralph »

I guess that the text only and full are the same when it comes to the display stuff?

Debuggin on Android would only work if you could run Air Player there, but that's a whole different story.

SimPassion

#58 Post by SimPassion »

Ralph wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:18 pm 1 - I guess that the text only and full are the same when it comes to the display stuff?

2 - Debuggin on Android would only work if you could run Air Player there, but that's a whole different story.
1 - They are not exactly the same, even in the script outside the point TextOnly doesn't displays bitmaps

2 - Anyway and eventually : what can we do ??? Could you please suggest a change for the future of AM on Android and iPad ?!?

Ralph

#59 Post by Ralph »

I understand that one doesn't have graphics, but my guess is that the screen part is exactly the same?

The future is streaming :)
fmsstream.jpg

SimPassion

#60 Post by SimPassion »

Ralph wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:41 pm I understand that one doesn't have graphics, but my guess is that the screen part is exactly the same?
As already answered, not strictly the same, there's some discrepancies due to text location change between both