G1000 Display Backup button push event

Questions about deployment and use of Air Manager Instruments

Moderators: russ, Ralph

ExPatAviator

G1000 Display Backup button push event

#1 Post by ExPatAviator »

Hi all!

I am trying to figure out what the red display backup button event is for the G1000 on the GMA1347

In the SimInnovations Generic Instrument it lists

fs2020_event("H:AS1000_MID_Display_Backup_Push")

But that does not seem to work. Has it changed? I don't know how to find out.

Many thanks!

Crunchmeister

Re: G1000 Display Backup button push event

#2 Post by Crunchmeister »

The GMA 1347 for MSFS isn't a Sim Innovations instrument. The author should list as Simstrumentation.

That button should put the displays into reversionary mode, where in case of MFD failure, it will put the EIS strip on the PFD, like you see when first starting up a plane. This works if you press the red button in the virtual cockpit.

For some reason, SimConnect isn't picking up the H:AS1000_MID_Display_Backup_Push event that should work with this button. It does nothing despite the fact that this is the event that's attached to it.

To add to that, there's a sim bug where it will basically "break" the G1000 popouts if you press that button in the VC. You can never revert back to normal mode with your popouts, even though the ones in the VC will revert back to normal. At least that's how it was last I checked a few months ago.

Currently, that button plays a "fail" sound when you press it. Consider it to be INOP. There are no failures in MSFS, so this button isn't needed atm.
- Ryzen 5950x, 64GB 3600MHz RAM, RTX3070Ti

Simstrumentation Instrument dev
Free Air Manager instruments for MSFS available at http://www.simstrumentation.com

ExPatAviator

#3 Post by ExPatAviator »

Thanks for the reply.

I am building a physical G1000 panel and am using AirManager to drive the Arduino’s. I would like for that button to work to simulate reversionary mode, but not a big deal if its inop for now.

SimPassion

#4 Post by SimPassion »

Small error with running this instrument without the sim connected :

Code: Select all

ERROR - Error in dial click callback: logic.lua:316: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value (upvalue 'audio_panel_vol')
I guess, the line #67 :

local audio_panel_vol = nil
should be updated as this (not sure why we would use 'nil' to init an INT value ?) :

local audio_panel_vol = 0

Crunchmeister

#5 Post by Crunchmeister »

I'm not sure why I did that! It may have been a leftover from Rob's initial instrument I built upon. But it's quite possible that was something I did. lol

But thanks. I'll update that and submit the update to the AM store.

Free Air Manager instruments for MSFS available at http://www.simstrumentation.com

SimPassion

#6 Post by SimPassion »

Crunchmeister wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:15 pm I'm not sure why I did that! It may have been a leftover from Rob's initial instrument I built upon. But it's quite possible that was something I did. lol

But thanks. I'll update that and submit the update to the AM store.
No worries, it was just to help in fixing, you're welcome !

Crunchmeister

#7 Post by Crunchmeister »

I've made the change to the local var setting it to 0 instead of nil.

Simstrumentaiton Github is updated with new version 2.11 and the updated instrument has been submitted to the store.