Windows 10 - Touch function not working on 2nd touch screen

Latest Information on Sim Innovation's flagship product Air Manager

Moderators: russ, Ralph

SimPassion

Re: Windows 10 - Touch function not working on 2nd touch screen

#11 Post by SimPassion »

Just read it doesn't require any driver in any case, so already available in Windows 10

https://www.amazon.com/ask/questions/Tx ... _ql_al_hza

sderise

#12 Post by sderise »

Hey there, So I've tried all different sorts of combinations with the different USB ports. It basically comes down to whichever screen is plugged into any USB port first, it gets bound to the one HID touch screen device driver and the other screen won't register as a touchscreen. The only thing I know of that's left before rebuilding the machine is to update the BIOS. So far, the machine won't recognize the BIOS file either in Windows or when booting to USB, so I've got multiple issues here and I'm starting to think it might be better to start from scratch.

SimPassion

#13 Post by SimPassion »

sderise wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:43 am Hey there, So I've tried all different sorts of combinations with the different USB ports. It basically comes down to whichever screen is plugged into any USB port first, it gets bound to the one HID touch screen device driver and the other screen won't register as a touchscreen. The only thing I know of that's left before rebuilding the machine is to update the BIOS. So far, the machine won't recognize the BIOS file either in Windows or when booting to USB, so I've got multiple issues here and I'm starting to think it might be better to start from scratch.
Try at first to launch in a command line :

Code: Select all

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
then

sfc /scannow
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/top ... 6e85d4094e

think also to online security scanner :

https://www.trendmicro.com/en_il/forHome/products/housecall.html

https://www.f-secure.com/en/home/free-tools/online-scanner

https://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/safety-check.html

sderise

#14 Post by sderise »

I ran all of the scans and had the same results. I finally figured out how to update the BIOS and completed that (oddly, windows booted up in tablet mode; turned that off and now the tablet mode switch is greyed out). Then I did the scans again. Same result.

SimPassion

#15 Post by SimPassion »

sderise wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:07 am I ran all of the scans and had the same results. I finally figured out how to update the BIOS and completed that (oddly, windows booted up in tablet mode; turned that off and now the tablet mode switch is greyed out). Then I did the scans again. Same result.
Could you please run this tool I've updated and recompiled from Microsoft "Windows-driver-samples-main" sources
make an export using menu "File" / "Save As (txt) ..."
put the exported txt file "USBViewAll.txt" in a zip and attach it in a post please
usbview_2.2.zip
(933.21 KiB) Downloaded 74 times

SimPassion

#16 Post by SimPassion »

I've performed a visual alignment of USB data shown in the right pane and uploaded new 2.2 release above

image.png

SimPassion

#17 Post by SimPassion »

@sderise, let us know if you still need help ?

sderise

#18 Post by sderise »

USBViewAll.zip
(6.9 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
image.png

This is the where the screen that currently does not have touch working is connected. If I swap touch over to the other one, the enumerating status swaps over as well.

image.png

Oh, one more thing. Contacted MS support last night and they remoted in and took a look around and pointed out I had a bunch of optional windows updates sitting there. I completed all of those. Still no joy.

SimPassion

#19 Post by SimPassion »

sderise wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:43 pm This is the where the screen that currently does not have touch working is connected. If I swap touch over to the other one, the enumerating status swaps over as well.

Oh, one more thing. Contacted MS support last night and they remoted in and took a look around and pointed out I had a bunch of optional windows updates sitting there. I completed all of those. Still no joy.
Thanks for the screenshots and the ZIP from export. This helps to clarify.

Try at first to connect both of the monitors to ports #16 and #17 (additionally these ports are USB 3.0 compliant)
If it doesn't work, I guess you have to separate those monitor from only one single USB Hub. Try to connect on two different USB Hub in a second stage
Then report again please.

[Port16] 

Is Port User Connectable:		yes
Is Port Debug Capable:			yes
Companion Port Number:			5
Companion Hub Symbolic Link Name:	USB#ROOT_HUB30#4&2151be36&0&0#{f18a0e88-c30c-11d0-8815-00a0c906bed8}
Protocols Supported:
 USB 1.1:				no
 USB 2.0:				no
 USB 3.0:				yes

ConnectionStatus:      NoDeviceConnected
[Port17] 

Is Port User Connectable:		yes
Is Port Debug Capable:			yes
Companion Port Number:			8
Companion Hub Symbolic Link Name:	USB#ROOT_HUB30#4&2151be36&0&0#{f18a0e88-c30c-11d0-8815-00a0c906bed8}
Protocols Supported:
 USB 1.1:				no
 USB 2.0:				no
 USB 3.0:				yes

ConnectionStatus:      NoDeviceConnected
Get the help of usbview, it refresh automatically when you connect a device and will tell you if the port used is the expected one
Last edited by SimPassion on Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

SimPassion

#20 Post by SimPassion »

Meanwhile, launch a command prompt window (cmd.exe) in administrator mode
Type "eventvwr.exe" and enter
Select System log container
Filter Current Log ... on : Error
Select error events displayed for a range of max 2 or 3 days (max 256 events)
Right-click on all selected event, then "Save Events As ..."
Provide a name and click on Save button
Zip this file and post it in either way directly through a post, or by PM at your convenience

[EDIT] Added missing System log container