FlyByWire A320 Collection for MSFS 2020 Version 2

Working on a instrument project or just finished a project? Show it to others!

Moderators: russ, Ralph

flyrom

Re: FlyByWire A320 Collection for MSFS 2020 Version 2

#31 Post by flyrom »

Hi Again,

I want to say first that I am totally new to lua scripting thus I still learning;
So I tested the workaround only for pushbuttons and it worked indeed (for me it was batt switches and packs switches, but tested with a cupple of others and it works). I have tested both in cold and dark state and starting the sim on runway with engine running. Thank you very much!

What I did (for exemple with bat1 switch):
original command line:
function tog_bat1(position) if position==0 then fs2020_variable_write(lvar_PBbat1[1],lvar_PBbat1[2],1) else fs2020_variable_write(lvar_PBbat1[1],lvar_PBbat1[2],0)end end

with the work around:
function tog_bat1(position) fs2020_variable_write(lvar_PBbat1[1],lvar_PBbat1[2],2) if position==0 then fs2020_variable_write(lvar_PBbat1[1],lvar_PBbat1[2],1) else fs2020_variable_write(lvar_PBbat1[1],lvar_PBbat1[2],0)end end

Although I don't know if it mess up with FBW system.

Another question: can you confirm me that when it is written "PBbat1[1]" and "PBbat1[2]", the number 1 and 2 inside the brakets refer to the respective arguments that are written at the beginning of the script in :
ligne 28 "local lvar_PBbat1 = {"L:A32NX_OVHD_ELEC_BAT_1_PB_IS_AUTO","num"}",
thus "PBbat1[1]" for "L:A32NX_OVHD_ELEC_BAT_1_PB_IS_AUTO" and "PBbat1[2]" for "num" ?

Thank you in advance
Romain

ylevesque

#32 Post by ylevesque »

Hi Romain

Your workaround is fine.
I now use -1 as the "dummy" value. It is more obvious that it is a dummy value. May be I should use something like -999 but I didn't test it.

For your second question, you are right. Thierry uses tables (arrays) to store the FS2020 variables (variable, LVars, events, etc.) Index [1] is the variable name and index [2] is the unit.
Look at http://www.lua.org/pil/11.1.html for more information about arrays in LUA.

Yves

Dr.Pilot.FI

#33 Post by Dr.Pilot.FI »

ylevesque wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:48 pm There is an Audio Control Panel (ACP) in the Overhead.
Does-it fill your needs?

Yves
Apologies for the late reply; I did not get a notification that you replied. Yes, the audio panel in the Overhead should suffice but it's not working properly for me. I have the latest versions from your Google Drive. The MIC (transmit) buttons are not lighting up or even functional. The receive knobs are rotating correctly but can't be turned on/off when pressed.

ylevesque

#34 Post by ylevesque »

Hi Dr.Pilot.f1
There is a new version on my Google Drive.
Let me know if the problems in the Overhead ACP are corrected.

Thanks

flyrom

#35 Post by flyrom »

ylevesque wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:53 pm Hi Romain

Your workaround is fine.
I now use -1 as the "dummy" value. It is more obvious that it is a dummy value. May be I should use something like -999 but I didn't test it.

For your second question, you are right. Thierry uses tables (arrays) to store the FS2020 variables (variable, LVars, events, etc.) Index [1] is the variable name and index [2] is the unit.
Look at http://www.lua.org/pil/11.1.html for more information about arrays in LUA.

Yves

Hi Yves,

Thank you for the link,
Bye
Romain

fratus

#36 Post by fratus »

Hi Yves,

First want to say this is AWESOME!! I'm still amazed how folks like you find the time to create such cool addons!!! I tried it out and found a few thing I'm hoping you or someone can help me with. In the Cpt Horizontal panel for the A320, the radio instrument and the simrate instrument remain on top when you overlay the Overhead panel. It turns out that these instruments showed up last in the list of instruments in my panel. I moved them before the overhead instruments were added and that fixed it. Now to the real question. When I click on MAP nothing happens. I noticed in my panel I have an instrument that shows up as Unavailable. I'm thinking thats the one? I imported all the instruments from your dropbox. This is the only one that is missing. Is there a missing panel, or set of instruments from your zip file?. Last one, when I pop out the display for the DCDU instrument, it goes behind the instrument and hides. Is there a transparency area missing from the DCDU instrument?

Looking forward to getting these last things working. then I have a full A320 cockpit!!!

Fernando

ylevesque

#37 Post by ylevesque »

Hi Fernando
Thanks for reporting these problems.
A new version 2023-03-27 is available on my Google Drive.
This should correct your 3 problems.
Please let me know if something is not right.

Have fun!!!

Yves

fratus

#38 Post by fratus »

Hi Yves,

Thank you for the update. It corrected all the issues I mentioned. Really appreciate it.

Fernando

Ralph

#39 Post by Ralph »

I got a call from someone, it did not work for him on the iPad. Just to check, does it need anything special, like FSUIPC or some files to be modified?

He also said that sometimes everything suddenly goes dark. I guess that's the backlight thing/feature?

ylevesque

#40 Post by ylevesque »

Hi Ralph.

There is nothing special with the instruments.
I never tested it on an iPad but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

The darkness problem may be related to the illumination mode.
This mode needs the "Illumination Pedestal Captain" instrument. I this is not used, all instruments will be bright by default.
This uses the Inter Instrument Communication. Does this works on the iPad?

Yves