CGR engine monitor

Working on a instrument project or just finished a project? Show it to others!

Moderators: russ, Ralph

KurtC24R

Re: CGR engine monitor

#11 Post by KurtC24R »

Thanks Jack,
I missed the FSX only. Thanks. When I unpacked the zip there wasn't a .SIFF file but it matters not if it won't work on X-Plane 11 / 12 sadly :(
I manually copied files into air manager then exported them to a .SIFF, deleted manually added instrument directory, and Imported. Same result because,
as noted, it was for FSX. I am digging through the YouTube tutorials on programming instruments. Eventually I will get one built that will support
more current versions.

KurtC24R

#12 Post by KurtC24R »

Thanks Jack,
I missed the FSX only. Thanks. When I unpacked the zip there wasn't a .SIFF file but it matters not if it won't work on X-Plane 11 / 12 sadly :(
I manually copied files into air manager then exported them to a .SIFF, deleted manually added instrument directory, and Imported. Same result because,
as noted, it was for FSX. I am digging through the YouTube tutorials on programming instruments. Eventually I will get one built that will support
more current versions.

thijmen

#13 Post by thijmen »

I’ll check the last version of the instrument that I mever shared. I may have started support for X-Plane. Otherwise it will be quite easy to add.

KurtC24R

#14 Post by KurtC24R »

Thank you so much! Meanwhile, I will continue my learning on creating instruments and learn from how you made this one.
I snagged an image from the CGR-30P manual and just blanked everything but the lines. I saw how you did it with canvas.
Mine does virtually nothing at this point though. I wrote some lines to detect switch positions so far and that would end up on
a CGR-30C type instrument for the bank of annunciators.
Anyway, fun to learn!

SimPassion

#15 Post by SimPassion »

KurtC24R wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:57 pm Thanks Jack,
more current versions.
thijmen wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:05 pm I’ll check the last version of the instrument that I mever shared. I may have started support for X-Plane. Otherwise it will be quite easy to add.
In which X-Plane aircrafts should we see the CGR-30P installed by default ?

KurtC24R

#16 Post by KurtC24R »

If I understood the question, I doubt any airplane would have this gauge as a default. It is an aftermarket
gauge used to replace primary instruments. Fits in the same hole the RPM or Manifold Pressure gauge was in.
Same idea as adding a JPI EDM 900.

SimPassion

#17 Post by SimPassion »

KurtC24R wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:37 pm If I understood the question, I doubt any airplane would have this gauge as a default. It is an aftermarket
gauge used to replace primary instruments. Fits in the same hole the RPM or Manifold Pressure gauge was in.
Same idea as adding a JPI EDM 900.
Thanks Kurt, would have been fine to find at least one aircraft bringing it in XP, I can't remember if there's already one in the FSX/P3D world ?

thijmen

#18 Post by thijmen »

I created this as a stop-gap solution for our Convair sim: https://en.flygmuseum.com/cv440-metropolitan

Years later, it is still running because Covid put buying https://www.flightillusion.com/ their gauges on hold.

I submitted my latest version (some years old and still only FSX) to the store. I attach it here too, hopefully somebody feels like building further! Ping me if you build an improved version, because then I can take mine down and use yours instead :-)
cgr30p.zip
(931.22 KiB) Downloaded 56 times

thijmen

#19 Post by thijmen »

I also put the entire instrument on Github: https://github.com/airac/air-manager-cgr-30p

jrosenow

#20 Post by jrosenow »

I would love it if someone could modify this instrument for XP12!...or even XP11 for that matter. I'm a rookie Air Manager user (but loving it!), so it's above my pay grade to do it.

We have built a panel for the Carenado CT210 that mostly mimics the one in a r/w 182RG we have access to, and the CGR-40P would be the crowning jewel to match the panel. We use the panel and RXPs GTNs for procedures training.

Pretty please? Thanks!

Jim