MSFS - FENIX A320

Working on a instrument project or just finished a project? Show it to others!

Moderators: russ, Ralph

DeltaCharlie

Re: MSFS - FENIX A320

#31 Post by DeltaCharlie »

Hi all.
For now I deleted my posts and the attachments.
I'll either re-ad them if allowed, or definitively ask for a deletion of the thread.
Things are working pretty well and it would be a disapointement if not allowed to share - but Dura lex, sed lex .

Ralph

#32 Post by Ralph »

I'll await their response to be sure, but I also assume that it isn't allowed.

Ralph

#33 Post by Ralph »

Just got confirmed that it is not allowed.

DeltaCharlie

#34 Post by DeltaCharlie »

The EULA are hard to understand ... It's forbidden to interface external hardware, but it's documented on their KB ... :mrgreen:
Example of How to Bind Switches, Knobs and Buttons on the A320 to External Hardware
This article should give you an idea of how to use LVAR's and how to bind them to external controllers (like a HOTAS or a MIDI controller)
https://kb.fenixsim.com/example-of-how-to-use-lvars

Crunchmeister

#35 Post by Crunchmeister »

I find it quite comical that they state in their EULA that connecting to external home cockpit hardware is not permitted, but on their web site they include a tutorial on how to use the lvars with AAO to connect to external home cockpit hardware. LIke literally the title of the article is "Example of How to Bind Switches, Knobs and Buttons on the A320 to External Hardware".

Confusing much?

In any case, both Fenix and PMDG can eat a back of d**ks as far as I'm concerned. If they intend to be hostile to their customers, they won't ever be seeing a dime from me no matter what they release. If I ever decide I want to jump into an A320, I'll be using the FBW version.
- Ryzen 5950x, 64GB 3600MHz RAM, RTX3070Ti

Simstrumentation Instrument dev
Free Air Manager instruments for MSFS available at http://www.simstrumentation.com

jph

#36 Post by jph »

Crunchmeister wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:41 pm I find it quite comical that they state in their EULA that connecting to external home cockpit hardware is not permitted, but on their web site they include a tutorial on how to use the lvars with AAO to connect to external home cockpit hardware. LIke literally the title of the article is "Example of How to Bind Switches, Knobs and Buttons on the A320 to External Hardware".

Confusing much?

In any case, both Fenix and PMDG can eat a back of d**ks as far as I'm concerned. If they intend to be hostile to their customers, they won't ever be seeing a dime from me no matter what they release. If I ever decide I want to jump into an A320, I'll be using the FBW version.
Hi.
I don't understand your deep rooted problem here ?
You make attacks on companies producing some of the best sim software in the world ? . why ?
You have an interpretation of the EULA in the realms of 'home cockpits'
SI, have asked, and received a clear negative reply.
As for if YOU think a home cockpit is a HOTAS or a HOTAS and a MIDI device is really not important. A 'home cockpit' is what is sold by 'Prosim'
You are then arguing semantics as to if and when there is a crossover.
What I suggest that you and your ''staff' do is to publish and host AND FULLY SUPPORT all your releases on your OWN sites and not rely on this site at all in respect of the circumvention of the EULA - real or imagined.
That way, then any legality in the future is not directed at this site for aiding and abetting your contradiction(or not) of the EULA.
You 'claim' to have support, a website, 'staff', a discuss thing. ? what is the problem ? - go it yourself ? - there are others of these minor discuss sites here. Join them !.
IF there are any issues, then they come down on your neck - NOT SI - / AM
In your above post you make a real effort to piss off two of the most respected and technically brilliant add on producers around, yet you are like adam and 'steve'.
Look at it from the SI business point of view. They have no need for the hassle and ill feeling you have towards very successful companies. Chill out and go your own way.
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

DeltaCharlie

#37 Post by DeltaCharlie »

Hi all,
I totally understand Sim Innovations doesn't want anything officially published through the forum.
If anyone is interested about what I've been able to do so far, please don't hesitate to contact me via PM.

SkySim

#38 Post by SkySim »

DeltaCharlie wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:07 am Hi all,
I totally understand Sim Innovations doesn't want anything officially published through the forum.
If anyone is interested about what I've been able to do so far, please don't hesitate to contact me via PM.
Hi DC. Interested.