Windowed or floating instruments

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

dguisinger01

Windowed or floating instruments

#1 Post by dguisinger01 »

I feel like I am missing something simple. I would like to float a transponder over the top of my screen so I can quickly punch in codes while flying on PilotEdge instead of fumbling with the mouse to control the built-in transponder dials, but I can't seem to get it to work.

I create a blank panel, add my garmin transponder, and then try to put it into a windowed mode.
Its only offering me one of my 5 displays, or custom... but when I select custom it still doesn't offer me a way to resize.... the resize button remains grayed out.

I do see an option somewhere below for setting to transparent and letting mouse clicks go through, I can't remember what the option is called. But its greyed out and says Requires DirectX Rendering. I'm not sure what its looking for, I'm running MSFS on an Intel Arc 770 graphics card... a lot of software currently doesn't properly detect what the Arc 770 can do, I'm not sure if I legitimately don't have that feature or if its just not detecting properly.... or if that is even how I should set it up.

Any advice on how to set this up?
Thanks!

Dan

navymustang

Re: Windowed or floating instruments

#2 Post by navymustang »

Not sure why you are using AM for this. Why not just create a panel config file that has your transponder in it as a windowed object, then in the P3D vehicle tab tell it to show that window. Then save the scenario and you will have that transponder on every session.

My guess is that the transponder is a AM instrument.

dguisinger01

#3 Post by dguisinger01 »

Probably because I have no idea what any of that means and I'm already using AM for my RSG G5s

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

You cannot change the size of a visible panel. Stop the panel first, then resize.

dguisinger01

#5 Post by dguisinger01 »

Thanks, that worked!