Air Manager Hardware addons

Help creating logic scripts for Air Manager Instruments

Moderators: russ, Ralph

DartzMan

Air Manager Hardware addons

#1 Post by DartzMan »

Gday everyone.. I am very new to Flight sims, Air manager and Lua Scripts
I have managed to get my head around basic LUA scripts for switches etc and I am in the process of building my Sim with XPLANE12
I am using Leo Bodnar boards for switches and I also have a couple of Arduino Uno boards that I will be using for Annunciators.
I do have flywithlua installed but apart from switches I havent really got my head around Annunciator scripts

I have started using the functions in Airmanager to add LED Annunciator hardware and use their generic hardware that is available, i.e. Fuel low LED, etc.

What I really want is a Lua script (Sample) to look at for the above but allowing me to have low fuel left tank and low fuel right tank rather than just one tank. I see that air manager does this for MSFS but not for Xplane12.

Also is there 3rd party addons for Air Manager Hardware scripts that can be downloaded and added to the Air Manager ones already installed? giving me more choices on additional hardware, Leds etc
I know working out my own scripts is the correct way to go, and I am using good at working things out if I have one basic script to look at, but I am finding the air Manager arduino manager nice and simple to use

Thanks in advance
Kevin

Ralph

Re: Air Manager Hardware addons

#2 Post by Ralph »

You can access all of the hardware scripts in the Create/Edit tab. There's a dropdown box, select Hardware there and you will see all the scripts that you've downloaded.

Sling

#3 Post by Sling »

Hi Kevin,

Welcome to the world of Air Manager. Anyone can add to the existing list of Hardware functions so once you get good at writing your own scripts I’d encourage you to submit them for inclusion in that list. They just need to be generic enough that other users would benefit from the inclusion. Again once you get more up to speed with Air Manager it probably makes sense to have all your hardware in one place so moving your switches over at some point would likely be the way to go. Leo Bodnar boards are ok for adding axis to a sim and perhaps a few associated buttons etc but for a full cockpit it becomes an expensive way of adding hardware. Arduinos are way cheaper, they handle encoders better and you have possibilities to interface to many more types of hardware some straightforward like your annunciators up to more complex stuff.

Along with looking at existing scripts there are a couple of other useful ways to learn this. You may or may not have already found the wiki API pages and the tutorial videos linked in my signature below. These are both useful resources to get where you want to be.

Tony
Last edited by Sling on Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

DartzMan

#4 Post by DartzMan »

Thanks for your reply Tony, I agree it would make sense to use all the same hardware under the umbrella of Air Manager. It is something I have been thinking about.
In regards to the API scripts. I am looking through wiki and trying to get my head around.
May I ask, once Air Manager has created a script through the Hardware section, where does it store those scripts.?
It would be good to look at them and see how things are written.

Kevin

Ralph

#5 Post by Ralph »

DartzMan wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:33 am May I ask, once Air Manager has created a script through the Hardware section, where does it store those scripts.?
It would be good to look at them and see how things are written.
Please see my reply above.