Multi-touch buttons or long press?

Help and techniques for creating Air Manager Instrument Graphics

Moderators: russ, Ralph

CirrusSRPilot

Multi-touch buttons or long press?

#1 Post by CirrusSRPilot »

I’m working on a Sandel 3308 EHSI instrument. It has 9 buttons, one of which is a shift button. Does air manager allow the shift button to be held when pushing one of the other 8 buttons? Alternatively, can Air Manager distinguish between a regular press and a long press?
Own and fly Cirrus SR22 N919TL out of KLJF. Developing instrument to match the cockpit of a G1 SR22.

SimPassion

Re: Multi-touch buttons or long press?

#2 Post by SimPassion »

CirrusSRPilot wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:37 pm I’m working on a Sandel 3308 EHSI instrument. It has 9 buttons, one of which is a shift button. Does air manager allow the shift button to be held when pushing one of the other 8 buttons? Alternatively, can Air Manager distinguish between a regular press and a long press?
We are able to manage this using timer, together with press and release callback in the same single statement

CirrusSRPilot

#3 Post by CirrusSRPilot »

Thanks.

Reading through the pilots guide I discovered that the shift key is pressed first, and then one of the other 8 keys is pressed within 20 seconds to get to the “SHFT functions” on that button. Several of the keys DO have press and hold functionality different than a press. I will use the timer to implement the functionality

I would appreciate point outs to existing Air Manager instruments that implement timers
Own and fly Cirrus SR22 N919TL out of KLJF. Developing instrument to match the cockpit of a G1 SR22.

SimPassion

#4 Post by SimPassion »

CirrusSRPilot wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:50 pm Thanks.

Reading through the pilots guide I discovered that the shift key is pressed first, and then one of the other 8 keys is pressed within 20 seconds to get to the “SHFT functions” on that button. Several of the keys DO have press and hold functionality different than a press. I will use the timer to implement the functionality

I would appreciate point outs to existing Air Manager instruments that implement timers
See in :
  • Generic - Aspen EFD1000 Bezel horizontal
  • Generic - Trilogy ESI-2000

CirrusSRPilot

#5 Post by CirrusSRPilot »

:D thanks