Problem with AM4 and Logitech Panels (gadget lagging and crashing)

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Ralph

Re: Problem with AM4 and Logitech Panels (gadget lagging and crashing)

#21 Post by Ralph »

In theory the game controller API doesn't do anything with USB unless you tell it to (Lua). But we will see with some testing.

jph

#22 Post by jph »

Ralph wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:10 am In theory the game controller API doesn't do anything with USB unless you tell it to (Lua). But we will see with some testing.
I agree, but it is the testing that counts. Nice one. Thanks.
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

GiorgioB

#23 Post by GiorgioB »

Ralph wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:56 am Yes, no PM please, send an email.
Thank you Ralph. What is the email address please?

GiorgioB

#24 Post by GiorgioB »

Corjan answered me via PM, thank you. I gave him very specific testing details.

I have blocked USB Access to Air Manager using a specific software and all the error messages I was getting on spad.next were gone.
I forgot to mention that I have also tried only air manager using logitech drivers and the multi panel crashes still happened.

I am testing right now for 2 hours already using the setup AM4 (demo panel, usb access blocked) + spad.next without any errors. I'll keep testing until I go to bed, but before that I'll come back with my testing results.

My main hypothesis is that each logitech panel, joystick and pedals exchange data constantly with sim connect. I think when Air Manager comes into play and does the same there is maybe too much data going on and some jitter occurs, making impossible for the multi panel to be updated correctly and thus failing. It is just an hypothesis, I am no computer expert, but I have been tracking this problem down for the last 2 weeks daily.

GiorgioB

#25 Post by GiorgioB »

Hi again!

Well, I can confirm I have no issues with yoke (even with windows' default driver) nor with Logitech Multi Panel after disabling USB access for javaw.exe.
More then 8 hours testing with no bugs whatsoever. As soon as I allow javaw.exe to have USB access I start getting random yoke "spikes"/"flickering" and after a few minutes logitech multi panel crashes.

I would suggest giving users an option to disable USB interface on javaw.exe, if possible. Maybe I am talking nonsense but something around that.
Thank you very much for your attention and I hope to have been helpful avoiding future user problems. I am totally available to test further if needed.

Ralph

#26 Post by Ralph »

That's no solution. We need to find what is causing this problem.

GiorgioB

#27 Post by GiorgioB »

Ralph wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:46 am That's no solution. We need to find what is causing this problem.
I totally agree 100% and I put myself available for testing or to share what I've done already.
I have sent Corjan a bit more specific step by step of the trial and error I made. Count on me if you guys need anything to help testing and/or verifying if it is solved.