How to activate the touchscreen function of GTC 580 bezel and panel simultaneously?

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

jan.lehmann

How to activate the touchscreen function of GTC 580 bezel and panel simultaneously?

#1 Post by jan.lehmann »

Hello,

I have been using Airmanager since yesterday and am generally happy with the software. However, I have the following problem when I want to use the Garmin GTC580 for the TBM on a second touchscreen:

I have the TBM_930-GTC_580_Bezel from here:

https://github.com/Simstrumentation/Air ... _580_Bezel

Then I loaded the bezel with transparent background in Airmanager. For the popout in MSFS, I use MSFS Pop Out Panel Manager and load the panel with touchscreen support. But as soon as I put the bezel over the panel, the touchscreen function of the panel doesn't work anymore (the buttons of the bezel can be operated by touch). How can I use the touch function of panel and bezel at the same time?

Bests,
Jan

jph

Re: How to activate the touchscreen function of GTC 580 bezel and panel simultaneously?

#2 Post by jph »

fao - @Crunchmeister

This is your man as he publishes this - not Sim Innovation's (Air Manager) - despite a plethora of new 'sites' with names that sound like 'Sim Innovations' - they are completely independent. A completely different group of people. That may offer an email help system / support ticket ? - but non that I am aware of. But I am sure he can assist ;)
Mr Crunch ? :) over to you.

Crunch, It would be better to offer a link to your dedicated support that is easily accessible by the user and not to be confused with other sites. - this should be included in your offerings.
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Sling

Re: How to activate the touchscreen function of GTC 580 bezel and panel simultaneously?

#3 Post by Sling »

Hi Jan,

Welcome to the Air Manager club.

It sounds like you haven’t got click through selected in the Air Manager panel settings. For the best experience with these types of setups you should have all 3 of following tick box options ticked.

Always on Top
Click Through (note that panel must not be running to change this one)

I hope this helps.

Crunchmeister

#4 Post by Crunchmeister »

It also sounds to me like Click-through isn't enabled.
- Ryzen 5950x, 64GB 3600MHz RAM, RTX3070Ti

Simstrumentation Instrument dev
Free Air Manager instruments for MSFS available at http://www.simstrumentation.com

Crunchmeister

#5 Post by Crunchmeister »

jph wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:06 am Crunch, It would be better to offer a link to your dedicated support that is easily accessible by the user and not to be confused with other sites. - this should be included in your offerings.
Joe
A link to our site (GitHub page) is included in all our instruments. From there, people can either use the ticket system in GitHub, or better yet, follow the instructions at the top of the page to get to our Discord server, where both staff and the community are quick to get people sorted. And people do that quite readily.

In this case, it's nothing to do with our instrument. This is a new AM user that hasn't figured out how to use AM properly yet.

Free Air Manager instruments for MSFS available at http://www.simstrumentation.com

jph

#6 Post by jph »

Crunchmeister wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:54 pm
jph wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:06 am Crunch, It would be better to offer a link to your dedicated support that is easily accessible by the user and not to be confused with other sites. - this should be included in your offerings.
Joe
A link to our site (GitHub page) is included in all our instruments. From there, people can either use the ticket system in GitHub, or better yet, follow the instructions at the top of the page to get to our Discord server, where both staff and the community are quick to get people sorted. And people do that quite readily.

In this case, it's nothing to do with our instrument. This is a new AM user that hasn't figured out how to use AM properly yet.
There you go, an explanation. :D That information obviously didn't get through so I suggest making information clearer to any 'user' or simpler. Github is not the best of places for 'support' or navigation. You could have also provided a link to your forum / website (the non github dump) in your reply to the user for future reference where your 'staff' can also help which is good to know for the future.
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Crunchmeister

#7 Post by Crunchmeister »

jph wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:19 am There you go, an explanation. :D That information obviously didn't get through so I suggest making information clearer to any 'user' or simpler. Github is not the best of places for 'support' or navigation. You could have also provided a link to your forum / website (the non github dump) in your reply to the user for future reference where your 'staff' can also help which is good to know for the future.
Our web site is GitHub hosted.

In any case, it's moot. This thread has nothing to do with Simstrumentation stuff at all. It's a new user who hasn't figured out how to use AM properly yet, and is posting in the correct place - this forum.

jph

#8 Post by jph »

Crunchmeister wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:25 pm
jph wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:19 am There you go, an explanation. :D That information obviously didn't get through so I suggest making information clearer to any 'user' or simpler. Github is not the best of places for 'support' or navigation. You could have also provided a link to your forum / website (the non github dump) in your reply to the user for future reference where your 'staff' can also help which is good to know for the future.
Our web site is GitHub hosted.

In any case, it's moot. This thread has nothing to do with Simstrumentation stuff at all. It's a new user who hasn't figured out how to use AM properly yet, and is posting in the correct place - this forum.
Bad choice in my opinion, by hey. You live an learn ;) . Next time it may need referral back to you. I thought you ran a discuss / discord or whatever it is called ? - why not direct the users there ?
Why not combine these various discuss things that are cropping up to offer a single support site ? - I mean there is a site which Keith runs, a new one by the Slingman and I believe you and your staff have one also ? - why not ALL join together to form a support site ?. The choice of admin / mods would make Freud have a field day. :lol:
Joe. CISSP, MSc.