Multiple Knobsters

Support for KnobFS, share your experience and KnobFS modes.

Moderators: russ, Ralph

dwbeeson

Multiple Knobsters

#1 Post by dwbeeson »

I am building my first sim cockpit. I will have three touchscreen displays plus my exterior view monitor when completed. Is it possible to use two Knobsters at the same time...one situated on each side of the cockpit...so that one is always within easy reach on either side of the cockpit? I would only be turning/pushing/using one at any given time but two would make them easier to reach.

SimPassion

Re: Multiple Knobsters

#2 Post by SimPassion »

dwbeeson wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:27 pm I am building my first sim cockpit. I will have three touchscreen displays plus my exterior view monitor when completed. Is it possible to use two Knobsters at the same time...one situated on each side of the cockpit...so that one is always within easy reach on either side of the cockpit? I would only be turning/pushing/using one at any given time but two would make them easier to reach.
  • Yes if using Air Manager with each instrument bind to one specific of the two available Knobster
  • No if using Knobster plugin

dwbeeson

#3 Post by dwbeeson »

Great. Thank you so much for the help!

Crunchmeister

#4 Post by Crunchmeister »

Basically, it's 1 knobster per screen / panel. You can't assign them to individual instruments, or more than 1 knobster per panel.

I have 2 knobsters currently, each controlling 2 screens. I have some more encoders inbound to me and will be building another pair so I can have 1 knobster per touch screen. I'll also be wiring up 2 encoders on a single Arduino (not as knobsters) to permanently control ALT and HDG.
- Ryzen 5950x, 64GB 3600MHz RAM, RTX3070Ti

Simstrumentation Instrument dev
Free Air Manager instruments for MSFS available at http://www.simstrumentation.com

dwbeeson

#5 Post by dwbeeson »

Thank you. Something to contemplate for the future.