Panel logic not working in Air Player

Support for Air Player desktop.

Moderators: russ, Ralph

a533

Panel logic not working in Air Player

#1 Post by a533 »

Good morning

I have been using Air Manager in my simulator computer for over a year with excellent results. Last week I installed Air Player in the simulator computer and Air Manager in my office computer, which is in the same local network, so that I could design the panel more comfortably. I had made a panel with night lights.

This is how it looks in Air Manager with the simulator time set to “night” and all the lights in the aircraft turned off

Then I clone the panel to Air Player in the other computer, exactly same settings and I see it like this

The difference is because the background of the panel is not darkened by the opacity overlay I have in the “logic.lua” of the panel. The “logic.lua” file is cloned from AM to AP, but for some reason is not working. Of course I “push” the panels and the instruments from AM to AP. So I cannot use AP if I am no able to fix this.

My question is:

Is the “logic.lua” file of a panel executed in Air Player? It seems like it is executed if you use Air Manager but it is not executed when you use Air Player. However the file “logic.lua” is copied form AM to AP when you “push” the panel.

I made a simple “test” panel with no instruments and with this “logic.lua” file:

Code: Select all

hello_img = img_add_fullscreen("hello.png")
text_test = txt_add("Test", " size:11; color: #E41516 ; halign:center; valign:center;", 8, 8, 58, 20)
Nothing else. Then I push the panel from AM to AP. The files “hello.png” and “logic.lua” are copied to AP correctly.

However in AM the panel looks like this:

And in AP like this:

Can someone replicate this simple test to see if the problem is in my settings or in AP?

In the night panels I have made I use the logic in the panels to overlay a dark layer. You can see it in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-WgE5moFdU

Thank you and regards.

Alvaro

SimPassion

Re: Panel logic not working in Air Player

#2 Post by SimPassion »

Hi Alvaro @a533, please mention if using Beta or standard version of AM/AP ? Also the sim used which could be useful too

a533

#3 Post by a533 »

SimPassion wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:50 am Hi Alvaro @a533, please mention if using Beta or standard version of AM/AP ? Also the sim used which could be useful too
Sorry, standard version:

Air Manager 4.1.6
Air Player 4.1.5
X-Plane 11
Both computers Windows 10

Regard,
Alvaro

SimPassion

#4 Post by SimPassion »

Just checked I don't get issue in same conditions

preview.png
preview.png (7.85 KiB) Viewed 1858 times

Tetrachromat

#5 Post by Tetrachromat »

This looks like the resource, assuming that overlay is an imagefile in the panel 'resource' folder, is not available on AP.

Did you push the panel directly from the Home tab?

I prefer to
- First add the panel to a panel layout in the create/edit tab.
- Then push the panel from the create/edit tab and
- Add it on AP in the Home tab.

Seems convoluted but it also helps to have a backup of all the panels and it ensures that everything needed is transferred betwwen the installations.

SimPassion

#6 Post by SimPassion »

Tetrachromat wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 1:53 pm This looks like the resource, assuming that overlay is an imagefile in the panel 'resource' folder, is not available on AP.

Did you push the panel directly from the Home tab?

I prefer to
- First add the panel to a panel layout in the create/edit tab.
- Then push the panel from the create/edit tab and
- Add it on AP in the Home tab.

Seems convoluted but it also helps to have a backup of all the panels and it ensures that everything needed is transferred betwwen the installations.
On my own, I only added it on AP in the Home tab
[EDIT] ... then run it on AP from AM in the Home tab