Multiple iPad question

Help with Air Manager iPad version

Moderators: russ, Ralph

zogster

Multiple iPad question

#1 Post by zogster »

I have a question re. using more than one iPad… is it possible to add a second iPad, which is on another person's iCloud account, and use that to add more displays?

I've started using Air Manager on a single iPad, and it's great, well worth £20 to have a dedicated tablet display. And I'd like to add a second, and there's one I can borrow whenever I want, but it's not mine and therefore is tied to someone else's iCloud account. Before I download Air Manager on the second iPad and start trying to get it up and running, I'd like to know that it can actually work. I guess if Air Manager is just looking for other instances of the software on the same network then it would work, but if the copies are signed in some way to uniquely identify them with the user then I'm probably out of luck.

SimPassion

Re: Multiple iPad question

#2 Post by SimPassion »

zogster wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:14 pm I have a question re. using more than one iPad… is it possible to add a second iPad, which is on another person's iCloud account, and use that to add more displays?

I've started using Air Manager on a single iPad, and it's great, well worth £20 to have a dedicated tablet display. And I'd like to add a second, and there's one I can borrow whenever I want, but it's not mine and therefore is tied to someone else's iCloud account. Before I download Air Manager on the second iPad and start trying to get it up and running, I'd like to know that it can actually work. I guess if Air Manager is just looking for other instances of the software on the same network then it would work, but if the copies are signed in some way to uniquely identify them with the user then I'm probably out of luck.
Hi @zogster, right, this is a per device licensing mode