Issue using Ipad and Duet

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

gmholliday

Issue using Ipad and Duet

#1 Post by gmholliday »

I am using Desktop Air Manager and an iPad (6th gen) to display my panels. I use Duet to connect the iPad to the PC making the iPad a Windows display.
It has been working great until the last few weeks.
All instruments work correctly when using a mouse. However, when using touch, all instruments respond in random fashion. For example, if I enter a new transponder code with a mouse, it responds correctly. If I enter the new code with my finger, the transponder button may display as being stuck, and the new numbers are displayed in the wrong positions or not displayed at all. Another example is a parking brake. I can set it correctly with a mouse, but when I use my finger, the brake display will momentarily change but return to its previous position.
Any thoughts on these issues will be greatly appreciated! Thanks

SimPassion

Re: Issue using Ipad and Duet

#2 Post by SimPassion »

Could rather be a Duet issue, could you please make a try using another solution, like Spacedesk or any other equivallent, in order to check if the behavior is still the same ?

https://alternativeto.net/software/spacedesk/

gmholliday

#3 Post by gmholliday »

Thanks for your help. I tried Spacedesk with basically the same results. I have several instruments on this one panel. Other oddities I've noticed include the brake position changes(on/off) when I hit the radio swap button or the altimeter adjustment knob. I tried other panels I have with the same results.
I was wondering if this issue could be related to the last MSFS update. I don't think my iPad has changed any.

SimPassion

#4 Post by SimPassion »

Are you using Nvidia graphics card and if yes, which driver version is running on the Sim rig ?

gmholliday

#5 Post by gmholliday »

RTX 2060 Driver version 526.98

gmholliday

#6 Post by gmholliday »

I tried using my iPhone as the display and it got the same results as the iPad.
Thanks

gmholliday

#7 Post by gmholliday »

FYI...I have eliminated Air Manager as being the issue. I started MSFS on my iPad only, without Air Manager running. The gauge or radio buttons do not work correctly when using touch. However, they work correctly when using a mouse.
Thanks...

SimPassion

#8 Post by SimPassion »

gmholliday wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:12 pm FYI...I have eliminated Air Manager as being the issue. I started MSFS on my iPad only, without Air Manager running. The gauge or radio buttons do not work correctly when using touch. However, they work correctly when using a mouse.
Thanks...
Perhaps to search on the calibration area on the iPad and/or try to set to a default resolution if not already ?

gmholliday

#9 Post by gmholliday »

Thanks again. I rearranged the instruments on my panel as I've tried several times, and I did some other system resets, and the problem has corrected itself. Confused but relieved.

SimPassion

#10 Post by SimPassion »

gmholliday wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:13 pm Thanks again. I rearranged the instruments on my panel as I've tried several times, and I did some other system resets, and the problem has corrected itself. Confused but relieved.
Nice, the most important is to get it sorted out !