Bus Connections, Version 2

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

The Artful Dodger

Bus Connections, Version 2

#1 Post by The Artful Dodger »

Hello, again, everyone:
If the topic is familiar, it's because I am re-asking the question. My first attempt was sort of hijacked by a well-meaning individual that, in essence, suggested I give up, something I'm not going to do,. So, here's the situation, again:
I am trying the seemingly impossible - at least so far - I am trying to add an autopilot to the Cessna 152! Why you ask? Because I'm trying to build an MCP in AM and I need something to test it on. I can't use an airplane that already has one so, since I've "flown" the 152, it's a natural selection.
Enough of the background; In order to "install" an Autopilot on any airplane, I presume you must power it up. I've made several changes to the "systems.cfg" file (allowing an autopilot - [autopilot] section) but that wasn't enough. So, I've tinkered around in the [electrical] section, added a connection but it still doesn't work. So to my question.
I want to trace the power around the airplane so I need to find out the syntax for, for example, the "BUS LOOKUP INDEX". It's reference is: "This is a settable simvar meaning that it can both be read and set. Some of the simvars in this list are using this to lookup a value using two arguments (one argument in addition to the component index). For example to check the state of the connection between a "circuit.45" and the "bus.2" it would be written as follows:
2 (>A:BUS LOOKUP INDEX, Number) (A:CIRCUIT CONNECTION ON:45, Bool)". What I want to know is how to state something like circuit.34, & bus.2 in the form of fs2020_variable_subscribe(?)?
I am bound to make this work but I am stymied at the moment so any assistance would be most appreciated.
I really would appreciate any help possible except the suggestion to quit!!

Sparky

Ralph

Re: Bus Connections, Version 2

#2 Post by Ralph »

I'm not even sure if this is possible at the moment. I think that this will come in version 4.2.

The Artful Dodger

#3 Post by The Artful Dodger »

ETA?

Sling

#4 Post by Sling »

You really shouldn’t start multiple topics for the same question. I gave the answer in the other topic.

The Artful Dodger

#5 Post by The Artful Dodger »

Sorry, Tony. I gave it considerable thought and decided, since it was suggested that I give it up completely, nobody would look at it further. However, I am not willing to give it up (if that was my goal, there are a number of Microsoft aircraft with an autopilot; I wanted to make it myself in AM because I am learning so much by doing it). I still needed to find an answer though, so I thought I would refresh the question; now you have kindly provided what I needed to know. I only just now saw your reply!

Sparky

Ralph

#6 Post by Ralph »

4.2 will be released somewhere in Q1. It is in beta now, I am not sure when this will be added.

SimPassion

#7 Post by SimPassion »

The Artful Dodger wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:34 pm Sorry, Tony. I gave it considerable thought and decided, since it was suggested that I give it up completely, nobody would look at it further. However, I am not willing to give it up (if that was my goal, there are a number of Microsoft aircraft with an autopilot; I wanted to make it myself in AM because I am learning so much by doing it). I still needed to find an answer though, so I thought I would refresh the question; now you have kindly provided what I needed to know. I only just now saw your reply!

Sparky
Hi Sparky, just a useful part to notice, at some point Microsoft / Asobo decided to disable Autopilot feature on some aircrafts, so the best is to start on an aircraft which already has the autopilot allowed by design, just an advice to avoid taking to much time on a no way direction ...
Last edited by SimPassion on Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Artful Dodger

#8 Post by The Artful Dodger »

My biggest problem, in testing, is that when I issue an event, which is supposed to cause something to happen in the sim, with an appropriate response in a sim var, if I test on an aircraft with an autopilot, I don't know which is causing the response - my command or the aircraft. That's the primary reason I chose the 152 - not because I wanted to take it cross country, but because if I got a response from a simvar, I knew it was caused by my event, 'cause the 152 couldn't have caused it!
I shall soldier on. Thanks for the information.

Sparky