KnobFS and PMDG's 737-700

Support for KnobFS, share your experience and KnobFS modes.

Moderators: russ, Ralph

GoosePilot

KnobFS and PMDG's 737-700

#1 Post by GoosePilot »

Hello All!

I at last got to purchase a Knobster_V2 for myself to use exclusively with my PMDG 737 in MSFS202 and in VR. However, out of the box with the KnobFS installer downloaded and installed, the knobster seems to not want to work with PMDG's B737 as intended. It seems to works ok with other FS aircraft but not with the B7373. I'm almost sure its got something to do with how I have the 737 setup, but I'm stump as to what it can be! FYI, the only addons I have running to use with the 737 are spad.next to use with my Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo & LorbyAxisAndOhs to work with my Stream Deck.

So basically, the Knobster does not change anything selected in the menu with the B737 but does just fine with other aircraft selected.

Any suggestions as to where the problem can be are greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance and best regards :D

GP

SimPassion

Re: KnobFS and PMDG's 737-700

#2 Post by SimPassion »

GoosePilot wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:35 am Hello All!

I at last got to purchase a Knobster_V2 for myself to use exclusively with my PMDG 737 in MSFS202 and in VR. However, out of the box with the KnobFS installer downloaded and installed, the knobster seems to not want to work with PMDG's B737 as intended. It seems to works ok with other FS aircraft but not with the B7373. I'm almost sure its got something to do with how I have the 737 setup, but I'm stump as to what it can be! FYI, the only addons I have running to use with the 737 are spad.next to use with my Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo & LorbyAxisAndOhs to work with my Stream Deck.

So basically, the Knobster does not change anything selected in the menu with the B737 but does just fine with other aircraft selected.

GP
There's nothing to do with the Knobster itself, nor with Sim Innovations products, rather in the ability to send the proper events for the PMDG, which always have been an issue, while building any simulator solution, in any case ...

[EDIT] Precision made

Last edited by SimPassion on Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ralph

#3 Post by Ralph »

You would have to create your own modes. You can probably find the required events here: https://hubhop.mobiflight.com/presets/

Instructions on how to create your own modes can be found on our wiki.

GoosePilot

#4 Post by GoosePilot »

SimPassion wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:05 pm
GoosePilot wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:35 am Hello All!

GP
There's nothing to do with the Knobster itself, nor with Sim Innovations products, rather in the ability to send the proper events for the PMDG, which always have been an issue, while building any simulator solution, in any case ...

[EDIT] Precision made

Yes, I realised its not the hardware per se but in fact how it interacts with the sim itself. I'll have to forge through trying to sort this out.... Thank you for responding!!

GoosePilot

#5 Post by GoosePilot »

Ralph wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:30 pm You would have to create your own modes. You can probably find the required events here: https://hubhop.mobiflight.com/presets/

Instructions on how to create your own modes can be found on our wiki.
Thank you also for responding! I'll have a wee look at how to do this! Just pains me that for the most part we all have to "learn" how to do this and once its all up and running we can then forget how we achieved it! :lol:

Ralph

#6 Post by Ralph »

It's not that difficult. I recommend using an editor like Notepad++. I think that you will have to start it as administrator before you are allowed to change the file(s).

GoosePilot

#7 Post by GoosePilot »

Ralph wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:52 pm It's not that difficult. I recommend using an editor like Notepad++. I think that you will have to start it as administrator before you are allowed to change the file(s).
Thank you Ralph! Will give it a try......

GoosePilot

#8 Post by GoosePilot »

Good day All :)

Just in case I'm wasting my time, is there anyone here or that anyone knows of that's been able to get the Knobster to work to interact with PMDG's B737 within MSFS2020 using KnobFS method only?

Thanks in advance

GS

SimPassion

#9 Post by SimPassion »

GoosePilot wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:30 pm Good day All :)

Just in case I'm wasting my time, is there anyone here or that anyone knows of that's been able to get the Knobster to work to interact with PMDG's B737 within MSFS2020 using KnobFS method only?

Thanks in advance

GS
I would like to be of any help and I really like their overall work and design, if only they where not that much expensive on the flight sim market as many so hungry designers ;-) ...
I understand there's teams behind performing great work, though I don't have any budget to help their people to live, this make me indeed missing some great addons :cry:

GoosePilot

#10 Post by GoosePilot »

Hello All

Sorry to be coming back to this topic. Whilst I sincerely appreciate all of your responses, I am curious if anyone on this forum knows of anyone that has been able to to get the Knobster to work with PMDG B737? Despite my best efforts (for what it's worth), I am still unable to get this piece of hardware to work with the PMDG B737.

Thanks as always!

GP