Modifying an stock instrument

Questions about deployment and use of Air Manager Instruments

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Keith Baxter

Re: Modifying an stock instrument

#11 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,

Just shows what you can do with AirManager.

To motivate peeps to share there work is another discussion.

So best is to do what the OP was asking.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

SimPassion

#12 Post by SimPassion »

FlyerDavidUK wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:00 pm These look to be excellent, very thorough and accurate representation of several common real world devices. I'm glad I didn't spend any time on this.

Without watching the full 30 minutes of video, I didn't figure out if these are planned to become available in the online community library anytime soon or if they are fully cross platform.

They would be a significant addition and improvement to what is there at the moment.
Too expensive, believe me, not anyone has enough budget to purchase the stack ... :lol:

And oh, seriously, no hope, no expectation ... : "Experimental Sim Avionics 1 year ago : No updates. There are no current plans to release anything. Sorry. " ;-)

SimPassion

#13 Post by SimPassion »

In order to break the suspense and clarify for anyone, as I get a request to better explain by PM,
Tony @Sling "Experimental Sim Avionics" already produced some highly detailed and accurate instruments, that many of us would have found interesting if they were freely available from the Online Store or as Premium Panels. Tony has chosen to not yet released them, as reported by the already mentioned words from his Youtube channel, or doing otherwise, which we fully respect for both cases, though we really miss his amazing design and work

So no more than a friendly joke in my previous post
Gilles

PS : we already find 3 instruments from himself in the Online Store, one of them being a reworking
Tony is currently responsible of the instrument submission validation, before the upload process could occurs by Sim Innovations and is also a very active simmer on several sim platform, providing intensive and relevant support

image.png

Last edited by SimPassion on Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sling

#14 Post by Sling »

Up to now this has indeed been the case but things have progressed and hopefully very soon these will become available as part of complete panels.

SimPassion

#15 Post by SimPassion »

Sling wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:53 pm Up to now this has indeed been the case but things have progressed and hopefully very soon these will become available as part of complete panels.
Very good news Tony and thanks for your answer !

pepebky

Re: Modifying stock instrument KX165A

#16 Post by pepebky »

FlyerDavidUK wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:15 pm Perhaps this thread should have a clearer title, since it is about the KX165A

Having looked into this, it appears that the device can provide a separate independent OBS function in addition to that provided by a connected CDI. Quite impressive, but I suspect rarely used.
Neither X-plane nor MSFS support this function natively. It should be possible to synthesise an additional OBS function within Air Manager, but it isn't straightforward - for example, X-plane doesn't provide a dataref with magnetic bearing to the beacon so you'd have to calculate that from the true bearing and variation, then maintain a separate adjustable OBS heading and display the difference between the two.

I regret this wouldn't be high up on my priority list, but perhaps someone else might be interested to implement it.
I find this "sim/cockpit2/radios/indicators/nav1_bearing_deg_mag", "FLOAT",. I modify the community instrument and work for me. I use an externar hardware, works with Xplane only and has some detail but for me it is ok.

Jose