Knobster compatibility

Support for the SimWareKits Knobster in combination with Air Manager and Air Player

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Sling

Re: Knobster compatibility

#11 Post by Sling »

No worries, perfectly valid questions.

SimPassion

#12 Post by SimPassion »

SimPassion wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:54 am Wouldn't it work on Android with OTG adapter, or will it be useless without any handling inside AM for Android ?
this said, already having an OTG adapter + the Knobster, I perhaps could make some testing ?

Gilles
So I eventually tested the Knobster with AM on Android using an OTG adapter
and the Knobster doesns't seem to be handled : false hope ...

Gilles

Sling

#13 Post by Sling »

Didn't expect it to work but worth a try. Perhaps Corjan could be persuaded at some future point in time to have a go at supporting connection via OTG.

Ralph

#14 Post by Ralph »

There's no Knobster code in Android, so it won't work.

riga

#15 Post by riga »

Is there any development regarding knobster on Android since this question in 2019?

I have a DIY knobster that works fine on the desktop but when I connect the Android app, it doesn't recognize it.

The app doesn't even show the yellow circle when I touch a dial on the tablet.

Ralph

#16 Post by Ralph »

That's not gonna happen on the tablets. It is also clearly stated on the product page of the Knobster that it is not compatible with the tablet versions.
It would require a complete redesign of the hardware, which also makes it more expensive.

riga

#17 Post by riga »

That's too bad.

There should also be a disclaimer about knobster on the Google Play Store as the app is sold there directly.

I bought the android app first and if I'll have to buy the desktop version anyway, there won't be much use for it.

Your software is awesome, just a suggestion.

jph

#18 Post by jph »

riga wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:15 am

There should also be a disclaimer about knobster on the Google Play Store as the app is sold there directly.

Yes, and it should come with a small guy to install it for you and pat you on the head when they tuck you in at night.... :roll:
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Ralph

#19 Post by Ralph »

It is already described on the page of the product itself, should be sufficient. Assuming people take the effort to read :) But if people don't take the effort to read the Knobster product page, then what use is there to place it in the app description?

riga

#20 Post by riga »

jph wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:24 am
riga wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:15 am

Yes, and it should come with a small guy to install it for you and pat you on the head when they tuck you in at night.... :roll:
Cute