Java faults

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

RoundEngine

Re: Java faults

#21 Post by RoundEngine »

Sorry, I've been out of town. Yes, I have the files that made it crash.

JackZ

#22 Post by JackZ »

Talking about that, I have noticed that AM has troubles with hibernation mode on my laptop. Whenever W11 goes into hibernation mode with AM running a gauge, when W11 goes off hibernation mode, Am tries to recover but eventually stops responding and I have to force quit.

Don’t know if it’s related to Java or not.
4.1.5 stable
My YouTube Chanel on the A320 (Real SOPs by an Airline Pilot IRL):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0Q6SBASRqJ

SimPassion

#23 Post by SimPassion »

JackZ wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:20 pm Talking about that, I have noticed that AM has troubles with hibernation mode on my laptop. Whenever W11 goes into hibernation mode with AM running a gauge, when W11 goes off hibernation mode, Am tries to recover but eventually stops responding and I have to force quit.

Don’t know if it’s related to Java or not.
4.1.5 stable
Rather related to the ability for Windows to bring backup values and environment, something which always been an issue through time, for some sensible layers app and virtualization like Java, which is working in somewhat sanding box.
My choice was always to not use this feature, for which they never reached a fixed and stable state. It's at own individual risk, also for data reliability, even if such feature is interesting in its own spirit, by shortening start and operational time. In a few words, the idea is stability vs bugs. AM running in the Java virtual environment can't do better than what the OS can't offer

Corjan

#24 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

Doubt it has anything to do with java. Java just uses the normal Windows API, just like any application.
Most of the time this has to do with the GPU. Don't think GPU state is that well preserved during a hibernation.

But like Gilles said, I would also not recommend using hibernation. Sleeping will probably give better results.

Corjan

Corjan

#25 Post by Corjan »

RoundEngine wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:43 pm Sorry, I've been out of town. Yes, I have the files that made it crash.
Would you mind sending me the files and a short explanation how you can get AM to crash?

Corjan

RoundEngine

#26 Post by RoundEngine »

I will do that later today.