Garmin GCU479

Questions about deployment and use of Air Manager Instruments

Moderators: russ, Ralph

AnthonySullivan

Garmin GCU479

#1 Post by AnthonySullivan »

Mr. Keith Baxter has developed wonderful GCU key pads including the GCU479. In X-Plane 12 we now have the Cirrus SR22 which is using this instrument but Keith's version is extracted from the HMB sr22 texture file and it does not work on the X-Plane 12 Cirrus. I am spending some time modifying the script for the datarefs and commands used by X-Plane but it is long and complex as it includes the key pad, the autopilot and the audio panel. Is Keith planning a version for the X-Plane 12 Cirrus or has anyone else got one?

jph

Re: Garmin GCU479

#2 Post by jph »

AnthonySullivan wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:29 am Keith's version is extracted from the HMB sr22 texture file
Really ? . It was really good of the HMB guys to give their permission. Nice cooperation :)
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

SimPassion

#3 Post by SimPassion »

AnthonySullivan wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:29 am .../...In X-Plane 12 we now have the Cirrus SR22 which is using this instrument but Keith's version is extracted from the HMB sr22 texture file and it does not work on the X-Plane 12 Cirrus. .../...
Additionally, the issue has nothing to do with the texture files. Continue to adapt the dataref, this part will be really helpful to achieve your expectation. At the end you will have learned new technical parts and will be proud to share your own finding ...

Keith Baxter

#4 Post by Keith Baxter »

AnthonySullivan wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:29 am Mr. Keith Baxter has developed wonderful GCU key pads including the GCU479. In X-Plane 12 we now have the Cirrus SR22 which is using this instrument but Keith's version is extracted from the HMB sr22 texture file and it does not work on the X-Plane 12 Cirrus. I am spending some time modifying the script for the datarefs and commands used by X-Plane but it is long and complex as it includes the key pad, the autopilot and the audio panel. Is Keith planning a version for the X-Plane 12 Cirrus or has anyone else got one?
Hi,

Yes I will take a look.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

AnthonySullivan

#5 Post by AnthonySullivan »

Dear Keith,

That would be great if you could; I have got most of it working but it would be far better if you could do it for us. Some of the datarefs at the end of the script are giving me a headache.

Many thanks
Anthony

Keith Baxter

#6 Post by Keith Baxter »

AnthonySullivan wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:05 am Dear Keith,

That would be great if you could; I have got most of it working but it would be far better if you could do it for us. Some of the datarefs at the end of the script are giving me a headache.

Many thanks
Anthony
Hi,

I have done most and it seems to be working. The blue led indicators are not working correctly and I will fix over the weekend. It will only work on XP12
Welcome to test and report any issues.
Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

AnthonySullivan

#7 Post by AnthonySullivan »

Hi Keith, That is so kind of you; I will check this out over the weekend.
Best wishes
Anthony Sullivan

tcoyle

#8 Post by tcoyle »

Keith, Thanks so much for mapping this out. This makes the SR22 so much more realistic having the Letter, Numbers, and other buttons working.
I found a couple items that don't work if you have time, but none of them are critical.

1. When COM button is active (Blue triangle ), pushing in the "COM/NAV CRS/XPDR knob should swap between COM1 and COM2 in the frequency box.
2. CRS button does not activate(Blue triangle) allowing you to set the Green CDI needle.

I'll keep poking around and see if I find anything else.

Great work.
Tim