G1000 Freq "swap" needs multiple presses X-plane AM 4.1.5

Discuss suspected bugs with other users and Sim Innovations Staff

Moderators: russ, Ralph

gibsoncrg

G1000 Freq "swap" needs multiple presses X-plane AM 4.1.5

#1 Post by gibsoncrg »

This problem was present in XP11 and also the XP12 releases to date. Using Wimax touch panels in a Win 10 install, touching the "swap" button on the G1000 bezel overlay with a finger generates a click sound, and SOMETIMES flips the frequency, but most often it does not until the button is pressed 2-4 times in a row. Seems like a random thing on the number of presses. Using the mouse flips 100% dependably each time. All other touch controls work flawlessly. If I use a panel with Bendix radios, they work flawlessly. It's only the G1000. The issue is the same for both COM and NAV radios on both the PFD and the MFD.

Is this an X-Plane thing, just not picking up on the control activation if things aren't "just right" in some kind of monitoring loop? I am not sure if the "click" I hear thru in-game audio is coming from AM or XP. Anyway, it's not the end of the world, but in high-stress/high-workload it's difficult to have to visually look down and watch for when the swap takes place on the random 1st thru 4th key press.

Thanks for a great tool! These panels plus the knobster really improve immersion.