Updated Garmin 340 Audio Panel for XP, FSX & FS2020

Make requests for others to help test your instruments before they are ready for submission to the store

Moderators: russ, Ralph

FlyerDavidUK

Updated Garmin 340 Audio Panel for XP, FSX & FS2020

#1 Post by FlyerDavidUK »

I have made some minor updates to the popular Garmin GMA 340 audio panel found in many GA aircraft.

Specifically:
- Modified the behaviour of the COM1 and COM2 mic buttons so that when both COM1 and COM2 monitor are active, then both remain on
- Added operation of the COM1/2 Split, PA, Crew and Pilot isolation buttons, although none of these features are supported by any simulator today
- Added operation of the Speaker button/light. This is partially supported by FS2020 (output from sim only) so will also light up under control of the simulator
- Restored requirement for Avionics Master to be switched on (as is the norm)
- Tested with X-plane 11, FSX and FS2020

I'd appreciate if others could check this out and confirm operation matches that of the real world before I submit to the community library.
Also needs testing with P3D but I don't expect any issues.
Generic - Garmin 340 Audio Panel.siff
(224.39 KiB) Downloaded 98 times
UK Private pilot and flight instructor with CPL/IR/FI/IRI approx 2000 hours offering remote flight instruction via Zoom
See my FlyerDavidUK.com website for trip reports around Europe/US, my training experience and services offered

Mickolodias

Re: Updated Garmin 340 Audio Panel for XP, FSX & FS2020

#2 Post by Mickolodias »

Works great in XP12. No idea if the unsupported buttons match real world, but seems logical to me.
I'm one of 'those' mac guys. (and I have no idea why I can't afford to eat)

Crunchmeister

#3 Post by Crunchmeister »

I briefly played with it in MSFS and it seems to function as intended. Didn't test all the functions in full detail though. Will report back if I find any issues.
- Ryzen 5950x, 64GB 3600MHz RAM, RTX3070Ti

Simstrumentation Instrument dev
Free Air Manager instruments for MSFS available at http://www.simstrumentation.com

FlyerDavidUK

#4 Post by FlyerDavidUK »

Thanks for the help. I have made some further refinements to include adding the missing graphics/volume control text; power-on self-test to briefly illuminate all the lights; configuration option to display square or rounded corners.

I think this just about matches real-world operation as far as any of today's simulators support it.

I have submitted this to the library, so hopefully will see it available for everyone before too long.
UK Private pilot and flight instructor with CPL/IR/FI/IRI approx 2000 hours offering remote flight instruction via Zoom
See my FlyerDavidUK.com website for trip reports around Europe/US, my training experience and services offered