License already in use

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Quebec11

License already in use

#1 Post by Quebec11 »

I bought an AM license last month and activated it successfully. I have just upgraded from Windows 10 to 11 and I'm being asked to activate my license again. When I try, I get a "License already in use" message. Do I really have to use up one of my 3 reinstalations because of a Windows upgrade or is there some other reason?

jph

Re: License already in use

#2 Post by jph »

Please see the WIKI.

https://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.p ... _a_back_up

If you ever go over the '3' then simply contact AM. You will have no issues at all, and yes, upgrading an OS is a major change. (I think in the context of windows 11 the term 'upgrade' is perhaps stretching the bounds of reality.. but :lol: ...)
Again, you will have no issues. If you ever ned to contact AM via their support email they will ensure you are ok.
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Dosia

Re: License already in use

#3 Post by Dosia »

I have followup questions:
1. Is possible to remove licence (online) from installation (ex. before windows reinstall) and not use those 3 times reset limit?
1a. If yes when licence should be removed before upgrade system (in the same system installation) ex. motherboard, hard-drive with OS, hard-drive with AirManager, Processor, Graphic Card, reinstall OS, etc.
2. Is possible to buy licence as physical USB key? without installation limits, but must be hooked up to computer for AirManager to work. (maybe knobster with AirManager license combo)