Desktop AM -> Can't load application on new install

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

MontanaFlying

Desktop AM -> Can't load application on new install

#1 Post by MontanaFlying »

Hello all, hopefully someone can help me here. I'm having an issue getting AM to open up on my Windows 7 PC, but first some background info.

Up until 2 days ago, I was using an older beta version of the software.
Reason being that I installed it a good while ago when MSFS2020 support was only in the beta version.
2 days ago, I started up AM (beta version) only to find that none of the AM-hosted instruments were listed anymore. What I mean is, the instruments that are normally listed as available, but I have not actually loaded into a panel yet so still resided only on AM servers and not my host machine. Instruments that I had already loaded up into a panel did remain available.
So, assuming it had something to do with my older beta software (depreciated or something), I decided to uninstall and reinstall the newest non-beta version. I believe it was 4.1.5.
My issue is that the app never finishes launching. The splash screen pops up, it says "Loading instruments..." on the bottom and just doesn't do anything more. Like it's having a problem communicating with the AM servers to download assets needed for a first launch.
The app is whitelisted in my firewall, and I've tried launching it both with and without "run as admin" and that doesn't help at all. I even let it run overnight and still nothing, so it isn't just loading slow.

Any ideas?

jph

Re: Desktop AM -> Can't load application on new install

#2 Post by jph »

Windows 7 is not supported with Air Manager however I just loaded it onto one of my test bench Win 7 64bit VMWare VMs and it appears to work as it should.
win764VM.jpg
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

MontanaFlying

#3 Post by MontanaFlying »

Sorry, I meant WIndows 10.

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

Probably a corrupt configuration. Remove the Air Manager folder in C:/users/your username/