desktop AM on Mac OS

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

wf45

desktop AM on Mac OS

#1 Post by wf45 »

I use a streamdeck in X plane 11 to do key commands in X plane and it works good.If I hit a certain button on the Streamdeck the heading bug goes up or down and many other commands too.
If I get AM for Mac desktop and use the streamdeck to adjust a dial..would the AM dial I was using also move like the onboard x plane dial??
thanks

jph

Re: desktop AM on Mac OS

#2 Post by jph »

AM does not work with streamdeck.
You could rip the guts out of the thing and replace it with a Pico or similar and use it that way but it would be a bit pointless ;)
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Mickolodias

#3 Post by Mickolodias »

If the Streamdeck is operating controls in XP11
And AirManager is connected to XP11

i would argue, yeah it'll work. Maybe not like you describe but -
Say you had a AM displaying a HSI with a heading bug on it. If you use the stream deck to adjust it, you will see it changing.

If it changes in XP, and the AM instrument your using is configured to the right datarefs, you will see the change.
I'm one of 'those' mac guys. (and I have no idea why I can't afford to eat)

Crunchmeister

#4 Post by Crunchmeister »

Any changes you make in the sim, regardless what your method of entry, will be reflected in the values of the AM instrument. When you make settings changes, you're changing the datarefs, and AM instruments are driven by those datarefs. So as an example, whether you change the heading bug via the virtual cockpit, keyboard, Stream Deck, or some other hardware input, the heading bug on an HSI or other instrument in AM will reflect that change. It doesn't care what the input method is. It just cares what the dataref value it needs is and will follow that.

Now, if you asking if you'll see the heading knob in AM turn with the changes, then no. Knobs that control things like lighting potentiometers whose positions are linked to datarefs will turn. But a plain dial knob like heading won't. But the instrument will reflect the changes you've made.
- Ryzen 5950x, 64GB 3600MHz RAM, RTX3070Ti

Simstrumentation Instrument dev
Free Air Manager instruments for MSFS available at http://www.simstrumentation.com

wf45

#5 Post by wf45 »

can I demo AM on my Mac without problems?

jph

#6 Post by jph »

wf45 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:42 pm can I demo AM on my Mac without problems?
https://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.p ... _Manager_2

Fire away ;)
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Crunchmeister

#7 Post by Crunchmeister »

Keep in mind that the demo version of AM is very limited. You can only use the demo panel which is a basic 6-pack. The rest of the app is locked away behind the pay wall.

Free Air Manager instruments for MSFS available at http://www.simstrumentation.com

jph

#8 Post by jph »

Crunchmeister wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:58 pm Keep in mind that the demo version of AM is very limited. You can only use the demo panel which is a basic 6-pack. The rest of the app is locked away behind the pay wall.
Enough to test the original questions and perform experiments. ;)
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Crunchmeister

#9 Post by Crunchmeister »

Of course. That's the intent. But you'd be surprised how many folks on the Simstrumentation Discord have posted about not being able to figure out how to load or display custom instruments. After a while of helping them out for a while, we discover they only have the demo version.

I was just making sure he was aware that this was the case.