Low preview image resolution

Help and techniques for creating Air Manager Instrument Graphics

Moderators: russ, Ralph

FlyerDavidUK

Low preview image resolution

#1 Post by FlyerDavidUK »

I've found that the preview images for my own instruments display with relatively low quality/resolution on the panel configuration pages. The instruments themselves can also suffer from lower quality image resolution on the "live" screen panel, particularly lettering. I am using Skinman to export PNG graphic files. I've tried making the default size of the instruments larger - it seems to display better when shrunk that images of the original/same size. These aren't as clear or good as the raw images found in the resources directory.

Any ideas how to improve quality for both the preview and live displays?
UK Private pilot and flight instructor with CPL/IR/FI/IRI approx 2000 hours offering remote flight instruction via Zoom
See my FlyerDavidUK.com website for trip reports around Europe/US, my training experience and services offered

Corjan

Re: Low preview image resolution

#2 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

In the Air Manager interface, some images are being scaled back to preserve some memory.

When using a PNG inside an instrument, the full quality is used.
But when the resolution isn't exact, the GPU will do some scaling, which might result in worse image quality.

Make sure that anti-aliasing is enabled (default on, settings tab). That will improve it.

Corjan