Advice needed on what to do with "amateurish" panels

Working on a instrument project or just finished a project? Show it to others!

Moderators: russ, Ralph

whbossert

Advice needed on what to do with "amateurish" panels

#1 Post by whbossert »

I'm new to the forums and need some advice on what to do with some panels I have developed for a variety of aircraft in X-plane. My underlying problem is that I don't consider the graphics (I have been very free with rearranging panels to make best use of limited space so they are no longer authentic representations) and coding (unsophisticated lua, poorly commented, etc.) to be up to the quality of the majority of work I see available here. Still, I have had a great deal of enjoyment from the panels and others may be able to improve on them. I feel no proprietary ownership of the work. As they stand they all work and I have done the grundge work of chasing down datarefs and setting x,y coordinates of knobs and switches. Also my panels are for my particular monitor setup that I do recommend to others. The panels are on fairly reasonably priced touch screen monitors. I have an 21" overhead panel and a 15.6" side panel with knobster. Finished panels are for

Airliners
X-crafts ERJ fleet
X-crafts E-175/195
ToLiss A-321
FJS Q4XP
ADsim CRJ-700
starvingpilot Metroliner III

General Aviation
Carenado Pilatus PC-12
Carendao Piper PA-31 Navajo
Alabeo PA-32 Saratoga II

Helicopters
Tiger61 Bell 429
FlyInside Bell 47G-2A1 side panel only
KarlL OH-58D Kiowa Warrior
XTrident CH47 two side panels, no overhead

Potentially interesting subpanels
Generic ARCDU with transponder
Generic x-plane autopilot

This doesn't seem to be the place to submit pictures of the setup and code with resources for you to base advice on. Please let me know where that should be communicated.

whbossert

Re: Advice needed on what to do with "amateurish" panels

#2 Post by whbossert »

I see images on other posts here so I have attached screenshot examples of what I am asking about. These are the overhead and side panels for the ERJ145. All switches and knobs are functional. Note the knobster select on the side panel. The knobs and rotary switches on the overhead are all touch.
Attachments
ERJ145 side panel.png
ERJ145 overhead.png

Keith Baxter

#3 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi @wbqzvdsz

I like your knobs, care to share and make them OS

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

whbossert

#4 Post by whbossert »

Keith, sure. Do you just want the knobs? I've got so much stuff of various sorts in my resource folders that I'm having trouble keeping track of it. These are the ones from the 145 panels (continued in the next post since I couldn't see how to do more then 5 files and it was to small total to zip).
Bill
knob1.png
knob1.png (31.78 KiB) Viewed 1482 times
knob2.png
knob2.png (26.94 KiB) Viewed 1482 times
knob3.png
knob3.png (14.29 KiB) Viewed 1482 times
knob3dump.png
knob3dump.png (15 KiB) Viewed 1482 times

whbossert

#5 Post by whbossert »

cv_outer2.png
cv_outer2.png (16.09 KiB) Viewed 1482 times
cv_inner.png
cv_inner.png (8.95 KiB) Viewed 1482 times
cv_outer.png
cv_outer.png (15.92 KiB) Viewed 1482 times

whbossert

#6 Post by whbossert »

I thought someone might want to see the monitor setup these panels were designed for. It works really well with AirManager. Of course, you don't need the 3 monitor setup for the main view.
cockpit.jpg

normvv

#7 Post by normvv »

Greetings! I would love to get my hands on panels for the PC-12. I'm not good at coding etc. and being able to get my hands on someone else's shareware would be awesome. Any advice as to where to look and how to get something would be great. Thanks! Norm

Mickolodias

#8 Post by Mickolodias »

Love the home setup!
What are the pedals' you've got?
And I see 2 pc boxes, how are you using them?

But on the topic -
I generally fly helicopters so I'm interested to see your work on the Kiowa Warrior and Bell 429 (although the 429 may not make it to XP12).
A while ago I started building the Aeronautics Badger Pro+ for the 429 in AirManger, before (very sensibly) deciding 'I barely have time to fly sim - why put myself through this pain' lol
I'm one of 'those' mac guys. (and I have no idea why I can't afford to eat)

SamAF

#9 Post by SamAF »

Mickolodias wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:20 pm Love the home setup!
What are the pedals' you've got?
And I see 2 pc boxes, how are you using them?

But on the topic -
I generally fly helicopters so I'm interested to see your work on the Kiowa Warrior and Bell 429 (although the 429 may not make it to XP12).
A while ago I started building the Aeronautics Badger Pro+ for the 429 in AirManger, before (very sensibly) deciding 'I barely have time to fly sim - why put myself through this pain' lol
I am also very keen on creating something for the 429 in AirManager. Any chance you could share how far you got?