G1000 Xp11 - redundancy between PFD and MFD

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

thiouze

G1000 Xp11 - redundancy between PFD and MFD

#1 Post by thiouze »

Hello team,
now my setup is close to be complete and I am already enjoying it. AIr Manager + knobster with two touchscreens is really a must have and is very realistic!

Nevertheless, I am still experiencing issues that I hope could be fixed. Maybe some of you already faced this problems and will be able to provide hints.
I use two 15.6" touchscreens and just one knobster, I am used to put PFD one one screen, MFD on the other.

- It seems impossible (to me!) to separate PFD and MFD settings: when I want to set something on the MFD, for example scale of the map, I touch scale button on MFD then I set with knobster: it does not set on the MFD but just on the PFD. I think that G1000 Air Manager MFD bezel is "piloting" the PFD remotely. it is the same with the key function at the bottom of the screenes: clicking on the MFD is acting on PFDs functions.

Do you think it could be due to the fact that I just have one knobster?

- the same when I want to set altimeter on PFD, it also pilots the standby altimeter setting. Do you think it's possible to set differently PFD and standby altimeters?
thanks in advance to those of you who could help me.
Best regards
Fred

jph

Re: G1000 Xp11 - redundancy between PFD and MFD

#2 Post by jph »

Have you assigned the units to MFD and PFD ?
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Sling

#3 Post by Sling »

You simply need to set one as the PFD and the other as the MFD in the settings for each instrument. To do this select the instrument in the left pane and it’s settings can be seen in the main right pane.

Hope that helps.

thiouze

#4 Post by thiouze »

thanks guys, that was the mistake! MFD as not selected.
Standby altimeter is still setting himself in the same time as the G1000 altimeter... maybe it's not possible to differenciate both....

Ralph

#5 Post by Ralph »

You would have to modify the datarefs for the altimeter and make it a copilot altimeter.