Knobster and Garmin 1000

Support for the SimWareKits Knobster in combination with Air Manager and Air Player

Moderators: russ, Ralph

MichaelJ1212

Knobster and Garmin 1000

#1 Post by MichaelJ1212 »

I have X Plane 11 and 12 running on a Mac. Air Manager running on a PC with Windows 10 and 2 iPads. Everything works great. I can click on knobs on my PC and the changes take effect in the sim, on the PC and on the iPads. I realize that the Garmin 1000 instruments, the PFD and the MFD among others, are just templates as stated in the nav windows. It also states that the knobs are still active yet I can’t control them with the knobster. Am I doing something wrong? I would especially like to use the knobster with GPS instruments because I find it so difficult to input data in the sim using a mouse. Any thoughts regarding this? At least, that's the way I'd think it would work. After some investigating, I see that it's not. Again. Any thoughts? Many thanks!!

Sling

Re: Knobster and Garmin 1000

#2 Post by Sling »

A couple of questions about how you are running the overlays.

1 - Have you added these to a panel? Knobster doesn’t work from create/edit tab.

2 - If yes to 1, have you enabled the knobster for this panel?

If both answers are yes then this requires a bit more troubleshooting.

MichaelJ1212

#3 Post by MichaelJ1212 »

Hi!
Yep! All I had to do was activate the knobster for my created panel and now I can dial in the ICAOs etc. I didn’t realize that after creating a panel you have to enable the knobster every time. My mistake! Up until now I was only creating simple panels such as elevator trim and others that didn’t need knobster input. I’m still becoming familiar with Air Manager and it’s amazing flexibility.

So I’ve got the PFD working but I think I have the wrong instrument for the MFD in my created panel. Can you tell me the name of the MFD instrument so that I can do a search for it and add the right one?

Many Thanks For All Your Help!
Michael

jph

#4 Post by jph »

MichaelJ1212 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:56 pm Can you tell me the name of the MFD instrument so that I can do a search for it and add the right one?

Many Thanks For All Your Help!
Michael
Right click on the instrument, scroll down and select MFD instead of PFD
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

MichaelJ1212

#5 Post by MichaelJ1212 »

Will do! Thanks so much!

Michael

jph

#6 Post by jph »

No worries,
Sounds like you are having fun :)
AM is an amazing product.
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

MichaelJ1212

#7 Post by MichaelJ1212 »

Yes Joe! Having a lot of fun with Air Manager! A sincere thanks to all for assisting me while I become familiar with it. Air Manager makes creating flight plans and operating instruments so much easier than using a mouse! AM truly is an amazing addition to whatever popular sim you use. I mostly use X Plane but I enjoy MSFS as well.

My Best To All!
Michael

Sling

#8 Post by Sling »

MichaelJ1212 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:56 pm Can you tell me the name of the MFD instrument so that I can do a search for it and add the right one?
It’s the same instrument you just select MFD in the settings.