A Question About Simvar Watcher

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

The Artful Dodger

A Question About Simvar Watcher

#1 Post by The Artful Dodger »

Hello:

Every time I go to look at the SIM table, I must first scroll down past the description of the Simvar Watcher and I wondered if anyone has had any experience with it and how it worked with AM. Is it really a way to look at all of the variables in the Sim and, if so, does it require additional programming in C or C++ or C# to get to the variables? I know you need Visual Studio but there's a free version of that which apparently works with Watcher but that's as I know.

Thanks in advance.

Sparky

Ralph

Re: A Question About Simvar Watcher

#2 Post by Ralph »

I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Do you have a link?

The Artful Dodger

#3 Post by The Artful Dodger »

Hi, Ralph:
Every time you click on "Simulator Data" in AM, you are directed to a Microsoft page. To get to the actual list of Sim Vars you have to scroll past something called Simvar Watcher. The first sentence reads, in part: "An essential tool when working with the various simulation variables...". I just wondered if anyone on the forum had actually tried out this "essential tool". You have to first download Microsoft Visual Studio - there's a free "Community" version - but that's as far as I get because while installing VS, they ask a whole bunch of questions about which parts of VS you need to install and I stop there because I haven't a clue. I thought I'd ask if anyone had used it and whether or not it was worth the effort to find the answers to those questions.

Sparky

SimPassion

#4 Post by SimPassion »

Hi Sparky, some months ago I had a try on it and made some arrangement before compiling, though not took that much time to experiment. I guess we are not able to use it in multiple required situations where some variables and events are not exposed publicly

Gilles

image.png

it was compiled initially on Visual Studio 2019 16.4.4 (16.0.29728.190) https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/visua ... 19/history

Ralph

#5 Post by Ralph »

Looks like a similar application as in the MSFS SDK. Where you can fill in variables and see their values.

Sling

#6 Post by Sling »

It is the one from the SDK. I personally don’t use it.