Help Please With AP!

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

jph

Re: Help Please With AP!

#11 Post by jph »

Yes, it may be the subscription that your instrument uses, but, does the instrument that you copied it from work in AP ?
It is a very important and totally logical step towards troubleshooting.
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Ralph

#12 Post by Ralph »

I agree with Joe. It would be interesting to see what a community instrument does, and maybe see what's the difference in the script and/or subscription.

It's always good to make these things as small as possible, and then work your way back to the original.

jph

#13 Post by jph »

Agreed. It will definitely help identify the source of the problem and if user error.
There may be a difference in the instrument being run on AP to that on AM. It could be anything.
This is really 'troubleshooting 101' but I can certainly understand it being an issue for people who lack experience in such matters. Never presume anything. Test it and strip it back until you are left with JUST that issue if that is what is needed.
Never presume that the code is identical. There have been a lot of user issues in actually pushing the code. It may still be an issue.
I am not saying that that is 100% the case, but it is a strong possibility.
By testing a known instrument using the same call - WITHOUT any editing or alteration - then you have formed a valid baseline from which to work.
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

The Artful Dodger

#14 Post by The Artful Dodger »

Hello:
Well the problem has been solved but I am very surprised to find the error!
I never, for an instant, believed that there could be an error in copying, in this day and age, but that was where the problem was. I decided, rather than cutting up my instrument or getting a whole bunch of other instruments to see if they worked, I'd see if I could find where AP saved my instrument. And, to my surprise, it was exactly where AM saves it! (But you knew that!)
So, I deleted everything in AP, copied the entire file from AM, and started everything up, and, lo and behold, everything was working!
As a result, I think there is some error in the transfer protocol - as I say, I'm surprised that there's an error there, but, none the less, it would seem that this is the case.
Anyway, thanks to both of you for your help. I apologize for how long it took to check but I didn't notice until this morning that there were suddenly two pages to the thread!

Sparky

Ralph

#15 Post by Ralph »

It might be that the last version of your instrument didn't come through, can be because of various reasons. You can increase the version number to check.