Air Manager panel disconnects from MFS2020.

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

frangarcia

Air Manager panel disconnects from MFS2020.

#1 Post by frangarcia »

I use MFS2020 (with the recent System Update 10), with Just Flight's Piper PA28, and Air Manager with a panel that I created for my own use.

The question is that after SU10, the panel disconnects from MFS2020 several times on each flight. The needles stop moving and the panel is frozen. Then the solution is to close and open Air Manager, and it connects again (sometimes it's enough hiding and showing the panel, without closing the program).

It's a solution, but It is very annoying having to do this several times during a flight. Thanks!

Crunchmeister

Re: Air Manager panel disconnects from MFS2020.

#2 Post by Crunchmeister »

Odd. I've been using SU10 since the very first beta 5 months ago. I use Air Manager on every single flight and haven't encountered this disconnection issue. I've used it on a wide variety of planes, albeit not the JF Pipers (don't have those planes). Not sure what could be causing the issue. Hopefully someone has an idea of what could be happening.
- Ryzen 5950x, 64GB 3600MHz RAM, RTX3070Ti

Simstrumentation Instrument dev
Free Air Manager instruments for MSFS available at http://www.simstrumentation.com

jph

#3 Post by jph »

Does it do it on any other panel - a basic cessna panel for example ?
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Keith Baxter

#4 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,

Your issue is most likely a infinite loop in you code.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

frangarcia

#5 Post by frangarcia »

Thanks for your replies.

I used this panel with no issues for a long time. Only when I updated MFS2020 to SU10 (and I also updated Air Manager to the last version, both things at the same time) the issues appeared. So that now I don't know if it's related to MFS or Air Manager new version (or both).

jph

#6 Post by jph »

I would agree with Keith in the area of it probably being in your code.
They may well have changed something in the MS game and your code is handling something badly - locked in a loop until something happens - or doesnt ..... ;)
Remove the instruments one by one to isolate the issue and look for common coding problems that can hold the program up if an expected event doesn't occur.
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

frangarcia

#7 Post by frangarcia »

I think the problem is in several programs trying to connect with Microsoft Flight Simulator simultaneously.

At this moment, I have running while I fly (and connected to the simulator):

- The GPS from TDS: GTN750Xi
- SimShaker (a simple program to transmit vibration to my vibrating seat).
- Plan-G, used as a moving map.

I think the problem is a conflict with Plan-G. Maybe this program and Air Manager are trying to connect by the same "port" or "address" with the simulator. When I start Plan-G and connect it, Air Manager stops working.

Is there some way to connect Air Manager in a different way? If I try in the settings "manual connection: set the IP address of the remote computer" (although it's the same computer), it doesn't work.

SimPassion

#8 Post by SimPassion »

frangarcia wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 5:36 pm I think the problem is in several programs trying to connect with Microsoft Flight Simulator simultaneously.

At this moment, I have running while I fly (and connected to the simulator):

- The GPS from TDS: GTN750Xi
- SimShaker (a simple program to transmit vibration to my vibrating seat).
- Plan-G, used as a moving map.

I think the problem is a conflict with Plan-G. Maybe this program and Air Manager are trying to connect by the same "port" or "address" with the simulator. When I start Plan-G and connect it, Air Manager stops working.

Is there some way to connect Air Manager in a different way? If I try in the settings "manual connection: set the IP address of the remote computer" (although it's the same computer), it doesn't work.
Are you using latest Plan-G revision (265) ?

http://www.tasoftware.co.uk/forum/index ... pic=4539.0

frangarcia

#9 Post by frangarcia »

Yes!