HPG Airbus H145 Main Panel with Helionix MFDs

Working on a instrument project or just finished a project? Show it to others!

Moderators: russ, Ralph

catflyer38

HPG Airbus H145 Main Panel with Helionix MFDs

#1 Post by catflyer38 »

Hi after a longer break, i created a prototype for the Helionix MFD’s and included them into a first version of a H145 main panel.

The logic is based on Yves FBW A320 MFD, thanks for this great work!

The Popout’s are controlled via the MSFS Popout Panel Manager.

Regards Alexander

HPG Airbus H145 Main Panel.png

LuxRedLion

Re: HPG Airbus H145 Main Panel with Helionix MFDs

#2 Post by LuxRedLion »

Hey I just realised that I'm not the only one working on the H-145. I did an MFD Overlay, Overhead panel and the Engine Panel which I published in the last days.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/hp ... els/543735

Currently I am working on the Warning Unit.

Is your MFD an overlay or do you plan to do a complete Instrument ?

Crunchmeister

#3 Post by Crunchmeister »

LuxRedLion wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:29 am Is your MFD an overlay or do you plan to do a complete Instrument ?
He says "The Popout’s are controlled via the MSFS Popout Panel Manager" so I think it's pretty safe to say it's an overlay only.

That said, there's nothing in these instruments that couldn't be built in AM natively and not have 100% functionality. It would just require an ungodly amount of work when popouts are already there and fully functional.
- Ryzen 5950x, 64GB 3600MHz RAM, RTX3070Ti

Simstrumentation Instrument dev
Free Air Manager instruments for MSFS available at http://www.simstrumentation.com

catflyer38

#4 Post by catflyer38 »

Hi LuxRedLion lets get in contact maybe we can combine our work

I have the follwing:

1. Main Panel
2. Helionix MFD Bezel
3. Autopilot Control Panel
4. Engine Control Panel
5. Warning Unit (not complete yet)
6. Just started with an GTN650 bezel and
7. A secondary panel

I am missing the Overhead

Main Panel:
main_panel.png

Secondary panel (strated a couple minutes ago and not complete yet)

includes Autopilot control Panel and GTN750 bezel, cutouts exept for
the GTN750 will be removed

Sec_panel.png

Regards Alexander

Crunchmeister

#5 Post by Crunchmeister »

I highly recommend that if you're both working on the same aircraft that you get together and combine your efforts. You can make much faster progress that way, and you each may have particular skills that may be the other person's weakness. Or at the very least, coordinate so that you both can work on different parts of the same aircraft. There's no sense in releasing multiple of the same instruments for the same aircraft.

That's how @FLRob27 and I got together and accidentally started Simstrumentation last year. We were both independently working on the Working Title CJ4 and I reached out to him about it. After some discussion, we figured it was better to combine our efforts and standardize how we were doing things rather than working independently. And the progress we managed to make was remarkable.

Free Air Manager instruments for MSFS available at http://www.simstrumentation.com

jph

#6 Post by jph »

Crunchmeister wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:53 pm I highly recommend that if you're both working on the same aircraft that you get together and combine your efforts. You can make much faster progress that way, and you each may have particular skills that may be the other person's weakness. Or at the very least, coordinate so that you both can work on different parts of the same aircraft. There's no sense in releasing multiple of the same instruments for the same aircraft.

That's how @FLRob27 and I got together and accidentally started Simstrumentation last year. We were both independently working on the Working Title CJ4 and I reached out to him about it. After some discussion, we figured it was better to combine our efforts and standardize how we were doing things rather than working independently. And the progress we managed to make was remarkable.
Well said. Definitely the best way. You can bounce ideas off each other and share resources.
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Crunchmeister

#7 Post by Crunchmeister »

jph wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:34 pm Well said. Definitely the best way. You can bounce ideas off each other and share resources.
Exactly. It's great to have others to bounce ideas off of. And in the case of the strengths / weaknesses I mentioned - someone might be better with programming, the other better with graphics. Combining those efforts makes a huge difference. That's how it was when Rob and I started doing the CJ4 instruments. I was just starting out with AM programming whereas he'd been at it for a few months and had already had his head wrapped around stuff I was just starting to understand. But I had a much better grasp of the graphics side of things. So we leveraged each others' strengths for the duration of that project. Now we have 3 programmers, a dedicated graphic artist, and dedicated 3D modeller that makes switches and knobs (that we then make 2D for AM). Like they say, many hands make light work.

LuxRedLion

#8 Post by LuxRedLion »

Well,

I'm all about cooperating, that gives me more time to fly. I see that Alexander has done already so much, I just started with Airmanager last week and initially only wanted an overlay for the Mfd. but got me so far in a week.

My code is still not very clean (just wanted it to work), but that will evolve as I'm learning scripting in lua

I am not talented at all in doing own graphics, I mostly take screenshots from the cockpit and modify them in Photoshop.

I will pm Alexander so we see what can be done

Olivier

catflyer38

#9 Post by catflyer38 »

Hi Crunchmeister (meister sounds German), a while ago you sent me a link to Discord but i could not get in . It would be good to setup a video call to talk about cooperation.

I just send a message to LuxRedLion how i can cooparate with him.

The best is really if we all work together on the projects.

And maybe you could take over the stuff I created in Air Manager for the Flightfactor A320 for x-plane (even you concentrate on MSFS ) but there are still a lot of people out there using Xplane.

Regards Alexander from Munich West