Knobster not working as expected

Support for the SimWareKits Knobster in combination with Air Manager and Air Player

Moderators: russ, Ralph

pinnocenzi

Knobster not working as expected

#1 Post by pinnocenzi »

Hi,

Something is wrong with my knobster. I use a C172 panel, i select for instance the HDG button on my touchscreen, the button highlights itself in yellow. I then turn the knob on the knobster, the HDG button actually rotates, but nothing happens on the headings. Tried all buttons on various instruments, altimeter, OBS and HDG, same result. Button rotates OK, but no effect on the instrument itself...

Any idea ?

Thanks,
Pascal.

Sling

Re: Knobster not working as expected

#2 Post by Sling »

Are any of the other instruments actually responding to what the sim is doing? It sounds like you have no plug-in installed or a sim connection issue.

Nothing wrong with the knobster if the knob is rotating corrrctly. The knob rotation is local to the instrument but the heading bug rotation is driven by data from the sim.

pinnocenzi

#3 Post by pinnocenzi »

Yes the instruments are reacting and displaying appropriately. In fact if I disable the knobster, and use the mouse, I have the same behaviour, so you are right the knobster is not thecause of the issue. AirManager says, Connected to FS 2020

pinnocenzi

#4 Post by pinnocenzi »

Reinstalled the FS2020 plugin that for some reason was not active at all... works just fine now :)
Learned something today :)

Thanks for your help !

Have a good one,
Pascal.

Sling

#5 Post by Sling »

Glad you got it sorted and can enjoy your instruments.