Video output, 8 screens 2GPUs. Possible?

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

sogibm

Video output, 8 screens 2GPUs. Possible?

#1 Post by sogibm »

Hello Flight Simmers,
I have been working on my sim for some time and have a question for the community. Can you run 2 cards, not in SLI mode, and feed all 8 screens?
Let me explain I want to feed my 2 G5s an HDMI Monitor with Air Manager, feeding my GTN 750 and from the same card. I know that's possible because I'm doing it now.
I added a second card to my system thinking I could hook up my 3 projectors in Surround for MSFS2020. I get no output from the second card and now I'm unsure if the card is good or if this is normal.
Can I direct AIR Manager To appear on separate monitors that are plugged into the second card?
Windows and Nvidia as well as the device manager recognize the second card and monitors.
IMG_2462.JPG
IMG_1171 (2).JPG
Attachments
IMG_2523.JPG

jph

Re: Video output, 8 screens 2GPUs. Possible?

#2 Post by jph »

Don't bother trying, just buy a small PC for the second card.
You can get a suitable machine from Ebay for less around 70 euros. Look for a Lenovo Edge tower. Athird or 4th gen will be more than enough (NOT the SFF units as youcannot fit the gpu inside and the psu is the sff atx unit.

The parts inside are all standard connections and sizes. You can change the PSU to a suitable one for your GPU if necessary.

Also I see you have discovered the reason NOT to use large displays with incorrect scaling :D
A cessna with a 7 foot wide cockpit is jut not realistic. ;)
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

sogibm

#3 Post by sogibm »

I was trying to get away from tying up my Alienware laptop I have the external graphics adapter for it and I could install the second 2080 in that instead of the desktop.
Well, I suppose if I have no other choice.

jph

#4 Post by jph »

Just noticed what appears to be the pro flight cessna yoke handle on the right hand side.
If you need another drop me a pm (I am in the EU)

You may be over the pond though as you appear to be using an Altimeter Motives panel.
Very nice panel, great price as well.
Joe
Last edited by jph on Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

sogibm

#5 Post by sogibm »

I am over the pond in New England.