MSFS2020 King Air 350i Autopilot FLC Button Event ID

Questions about deployment and use of Air Manager Instruments

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Stubenflieger

MSFS2020 King Air 350i Autopilot FLC Button Event ID

#1 Post by Stubenflieger »

Hello,

I have changed the working Title C4J autopilot to be able to use it for the King Air 350i as well. I could reassign all buttons that have been assigned speciffic WT C4J events to MSFS2020 standard events with one exception: The FLC Button.

I have tried to find the event but was not able, maybe it is not possible to trigger that event via Air Manager, but I ask you, maybe you can help. This is the event that is (I guess) used by MSFS2020 - I have found it in the behaviours window of the dev tools: AUTOPILOT_FLC_Button_Set. When clicking on "EXECUTE" it is turned on and off. Can anybody help me how I dann access that in Air Manager to assing it to a button? I have tried "H:" and "O:" and also tried using the path "KINGAIR_350I_" before the event but was not able to success but baybe (I am pretty sure that) I do not understand the Events correctly.

Thank You very much

Markus
Image check my videos on youtube!

Ralph

Re: MSFS2020 King Air 350i Autopilot FLC Button Event ID

#2 Post by Ralph »

Events often do not work externally. Sometimes they require the setting of various variables. It's a big struggle for cockpit builders...

Sling

#3 Post by Sling »

There is a topic on the MSFS forum dealing with the underlying reason why these events and vars do not work for external control.Everyone please vote it up to help raise its profile. Asobo are supposedly looking into this but we’ve heard nothing recently about what progress they’ve made. Essentially external access to B,I and O events/vars are what’s required to get control of all the currently hidden things. There are some workarounds but they are not easy.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/e ... ons/454608

Stubenflieger

#4 Post by Stubenflieger »

Hello,

thank you for the quick answers, I have read about that and hoped that it is me who did something wrong.

Lets hope they are changing that soon

BR Markus

Crunchmeister

#5 Post by Crunchmeister »

@Stubenflieger

The King Air should work with default MSFS events vs having custom lvars and events like the CJ4. It's a little more complicated than a simple toggle event though.

First, you need to subscribe to the AUTOPILOT FLIGHT LEVEL CHANGE (Bool) variable in order to get the current state of FLC mode.

Based on said state, you use one of these events to toggle to the opposite state.

FLIGHT_LEVEL_CHANGE_OFF
FLIGHT_LEVEL_CHANGE_ON

Hope this helps.

EDIT: Although visually it doesn't quite match, you can take a look at my GMC 710 on the Simstrumentation GitHub at the link below. It should work for the King Air. I believe our Simstrumentation graphic artist was flying the King Air using it a while back.

At the very least, you can see how the FLC (and its relationship to the VS mode) work in the code and adapt it to yours.

https://github.com/Simstrumentation/Air ... in_GMC-710
- Ryzen 5950x, 64GB 3600MHz RAM, RTX3070Ti

Simstrumentation Instrument dev
Free Air Manager instruments for MSFS available at http://www.simstrumentation.com

Stubenflieger

#6 Post by Stubenflieger »

Hello,

thank you very much! I did not stop searching and found this which finally helped me: https://hubhop.mobiflight.com/presets/

Greetings!

Markus

Crunchmeister

#7 Post by Crunchmeister »

@Stubenflieger - Best of luck then. Hope you get it working.
- Ryzen 5950x, 64GB 3600MHz RAM, RTX3070Ti

Simstrumentation Instrument dev
Free Air Manager instruments for MSFS available at http://www.simstrumentation.com

Sling

#8 Post by Sling »

You were in luck. If you haven't done so please vote on the topic I previously linked because on another day you may not be so lucky and you will wish for access to these other ones.

Thx

Stubenflieger

#9 Post by Stubenflieger »

THX i did!

BR markus