Running X-Plane 11 and 12 on one computer

Latest Information on Sim Innovation's flagship product Air Manager

Moderators: russ, Ralph

AnthonySullivan

Running X-Plane 11 and 12 on one computer

#1 Post by AnthonySullivan »

With great anticipation, I have bought and downloaded X-Plane 12 and got it running. Of course I still have X-Plane 11 and will continue using it. I therefore need to run Air Manager for both x-Plane 11 and 12 on the same computer. Is this possible? Normally you can only run one version of Air Manager at a time but that is ok as I only run one version of X-Plane at a time. Air Manager for X-Plane 11 does not work with X-Plane 12. If I download the Beta version of air manager installer, will that overwrite the existing one or can I have one for each version of X-Plane. What is the correct way to get them both running with Air Manager?

So far I have found no guidance on X-Plane with software like the Bravo Throttle and how to transfer planes and plugins from 11 to 12. Hopefully some general guidance will be available soon.

best wishes
Anthony Sullivan

AnthonySullivan

Re: Running X-Plane 11 and 12 on one computer

#3 Post by AnthonySullivan »

So can one installation of air manager work with both X-Plane 11 and 12 on the same computer?

If I install it for X-Plane 12, will it still work for x-Plane 11/

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

Yes. Not really sure why it couldn't? :)

AnthonySullivan

#5 Post by AnthonySullivan »

Many thanks; it is jut the absence of any clear guidance that raises issues of concern.

The wonderful Russ Barlow has replied to a comment I made on one of his excellent Youtube Videos and I take the liberty of repeating it below:

Anthony Air Manager works fine with XP12. The plugin for XP11 works too but the installer doesn't know to look for it. I just copied the Air Plugin folder from the location X-Plane 11\resources\plugins (in your main XP11 folder..resources folder..plugins folder) and pasted it in the same folder in XP12. You could also run the XP11 installer select manual install for XP11 select the XP12 folder instead. Or I guess there is a new installer beta which includes XP12. I have found almost all the current instruments work fine. There may be a few broken datarefs and they certainly have added some but they seldom remove even the outdated ones. No problem for me so far. Finally one copy of AM will work with either 11 or 12. Remember this is an early beta and they have certainly broken a few things that worked in XP11 and it may take a month or two to get a stable version. Good luck.

Ralph

#6 Post by Ralph »

Apologies for the short replies. I tend to reply at breakfast and do that as quick as possible, so I can get out the door :)
There's a new official release of the plugin installer, which also installs X-Plane 12.

I haven't seen or heard about any broken instruments / datarefs so far, but as you said, they might come up when more people start to use X-Plane 12.