helicopter Recovery Adventure.

You can talk about anything flight (simulation) related here

Moderators: russ, Ralph

jph

Re: helicopter Recovery Adventure.

#11 Post by jph »

Ralph wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:53 pm Gerwin did all the work, I only ordered the G1000's :)

The G1000 version was easier to make. But a steam gauge version is on the roadmap, probably with a monitor behind it. The plan is to make it possible to switch between glass and steam.
I bow oh wise one :P - absolutely !

That would be ace. Glass is 'meh' !

You learn to fly with a garmin. once you have mastered the g1000 etc, and in the world of flight sims where the flight models are pretty much same as same as (unlike what they say on the box) you have flown virtually every cockpit using one, ,, give me VOR, NDB and a real chart, compass and pre-flight planning. :mrgreen: - and of course the Mk1 Eyeball.... :shock: :lol:
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Keith Baxter

#12 Post by Keith Baxter »

Ralph wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:53 pm Gerwin did all the work, I only ordered the G1000's :)

The G1000 version was easier to make. But a steam gauge version is on the roadmap, probably with a monitor behind it. The plan is to make it possible to switch between glass and steam.
HI Ralph,

Do it properly if you are going to use steam gauges. 28BYJ-48 are very reasonable.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

jph

#13 Post by jph »

Hi Keith, Personally I prefer the X27 series. Made for the job unless a slightly higher torque is required in such as a geared drive altimeter system etc. Easy to convert to constant rotary.
Either one really needs Arduino accelstepper library or similar to make it operate in a realistic way. Both are good, but I prefer the X27 for most gauges.
The 28/48 geared units as you mention are really good units and well worth considering, but, they are still extremely low torque unless driving a needle directly.

All good quality gear though. The X27 you can self home, the 28/48 you cannot which means an external position reference sensor in most cases.

Still great fun to experiment with.
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

SimPassion

#14 Post by SimPassion »

Just wondering where gone Bell 407 and R44 simulators projects ?
Have you any recent pictures ?

Gilles

Ralph

#15 Post by Ralph »

Those were postponed. Still have to make some room in the new workshop. But we need to get everything in place there first. Laser and CNC are not working yet.

SimPassion

#16 Post by SimPassion »

No issue Ralph, there's surely more urgent tasks, I'm just highly interested and definitely enthusiast, when it come to any rotor-craft project

Ralph

#17 Post by Ralph »

When we have it here in house, I will make some pictures :)

SimPassion

#18 Post by SimPassion »

Thanks Ralph, I will look forward