Networked PC overrides AM inputs on main PC

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

RicRSQ

Networked PC overrides AM inputs on main PC

#1 Post by RicRSQ »

I am running AM with 2 RealSim G5s amongst other RS units such as GFC500 and GTN750 with multiple screens in X-Plane. I am also running some Flight Illusion gauges controlled by AM. One external screen (forward view) is running on a separate networked PC. Everything else is on the main PC.

My issue is that the version of X-Plane on the networked PC overrides the AM inputs of the main PC. For instance, if I turn the G5 knob to change the altimeter setting, nothing happens on the G5 screen but if I change the virtual knob on the networked PC, the value changes on the G5 screen. If I change the frequency on the Flight Illusion radio, it shows correctly on the unit window but not on the virtual unit’s window on either PC - the virtual radio on the networked PC overrides the one on the main PC.

Both PC’s software are set up EXACTLY the same. Both have paid versions of X-Plane, AM, and plug-ins for AM & RealSim, etc. installed. All hardware (RealSim, yokes, Arduinos, etc.) are connected only on the main PC and the G5 Arduinos have been flashed to AM. This happens with all aircraft both stock and payware and it happens whether AM is actually running on the networked PC or not.

Oddly, the only knob on the G5s that work correctly is the heading bug. This could possibly be because the RS GFC500 (Arduinos running RealSim plugins) are also controlling the heading bug. Also, the knobs on the G5 otherwise do what they’re supposed to with regards to non-sim inputs such as changing settings, on/off etc.

When I don’t use the networked PC for the forward view (i.e. all monitors run off main PC) everything works perfectly except that I have degraded frame rates - 40-50fps with networked PC vs 20fps with everything on main PC - thus the reason for the second PC.

I’d like to think there is a simple solution but after many hours of reading through forum posts and watching YT videos I haven’t been able to solve the issue.

Does anyone know how to get AM to control the hardware on the main PC version of the aircraft and not be overridden by the virtual controls of the remote PC? All I want from the networked PC is the forward view. I know it is possible because I’ve seen the same set up work.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :D

Ralph

Re: Networked PC overrides AM inputs on main PC

#2 Post by Ralph »

What isn't clear for me is if you installed the plugin on both or on one. The plugin should only be on the master.

RicRSQ

Re: Networked PC overrides AM inputs on main PC

#3 Post by RicRSQ »

Well, I knew it would be something simple. I will check to be sure that the plug-in is not running on the slave PC when I get home tonight. Thanks for the quick response!