KnobXP script clarification needed

Support for KnobXP, share your experience and KnobXP modes.

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Kaellis991

Re: KnobXP script clarification needed

#21 Post by Kaellis991 »

SimPassion wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:45 pm PrtScrn key is used to do a screenshot including the highlighted text (not the mouse cursor, which is only there to point on the proper item)
However it looks like your gone now, you get the KnobXP window and can now start using it, just ensure Air Manager is not running at the same time.
  • Outer knob : change the value for the current active mode
  • Long Press on the center button of the Knobster : activate the browsing of the available modes, turning the mode in green, then use either outer or inner knob. Quick press return to value change, turning back to blue
  • Quick press when in value change : perform additional action in the sim like STBY to ACTIVE transfer
I've been using it all afternoon. Works great now that I know how to remove and add controls. Except I just cannot get that settings window to appear.
Screenshot (5).png

SimPassion

#22 Post by SimPassion »

Kaellis991 wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:59 pm
SimPassion wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:45 pm PrtScrn key is used to do a screenshot including the highlighted text (not the mouse cursor, which is only there to point on the proper item)
However it looks like your gone now, you get the KnobXP window and can now start using it, just ensure Air Manager is not running at the same time.
  • Long Press on the center button of the Knobster : activate the browsing of the available modes, turning the mode in green, then use either outer or inner knob. Quick press return to value change, turning back to blue
  • Quick press when in value change : perform additional action in the sim like STBY to ACTIVE transfer
I've been using it all afternoon. Works great now that I know how to remove and add controls. Except I just cannot get that settings window to appear.

It could be that there's a potential syntax error in one file, so try to exit X-plane, then move the existing KnobXP folder outside the plugins folders and install again from the v1.2 zip source

Kaellis991

#23 Post by Kaellis991 »

SimPassion wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:03 am

It could be that there's a potential syntax error in one file, so try to exit X-plane, then move the existing KnobXP folder outside the plugins folders and install again from the v1.2 zip source

I've been through that exercise 3 times, but each time I used the same 1.2 file I downloaded 2 years ago....at first I thought it was last year I downloaded it...but I misread the year.
So here is a thought. I think I will download a new file from the siminnovations web site and try that. Maybe some corruption on the 2 year old .zip file I used.

Addendum: That's all it was. Used the new downloaded file and all is right with the world. Probably some errant byte somewhere.
Thanks for all the help.

SimPassion

#24 Post by SimPassion »

Kaellis991 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:12 am
SimPassion wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:03 am

I've been through that exercise 3 times, but each time I used the same 1.2 file I downloaded 2 years ago....at first I thought it was last year I downloaded it...but I misread the year.
So here is a thought. I think I will download a new file from the siminnovations web site and try that. Maybe some corruption on the 2 year old .zip file I used.

Addendum: That's all it was. Used the new downloaded file and all is right with the world. Probably some errant byte somewhere.
Thanks for all the help.
Glad you sort it out, stay safe, have good flights !