Map & Navigation data

Let Sim Innovations know about your Air Manager experience and let us know about your dream feature addition

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Sling

Re: Map & Navigation data

#21 Post by Sling »

Ralph wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:43 pm No it'll be added as an extra layer.
Nice. Excited to see this area of AM develop :-)

Shimokuta

#22 Post by Shimokuta »

Corjan wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 7:37 am Hi,

The idea is that the flight sim plugin can store flight plans. It will distribute this to all connected Air Manager and Air Player clients.

With Air Manager, you are able to see these routes, and alter them. It will probably be an extra tab where you see a moving map with the way points plotted on them.
Anther way to create/edit routes will be through the instrument API. The idea here being that you would be able to create something like an FMS to create routes.

There will be two additional layers to the map API. These layers will be able to plot the configured route on top of the map.
The NAV database will be expanded with stuff like runways.

I would also grab this opportunity to further optimize NAV data performance. I think I'm going to load all NAV data in memory on start of AM/AP. This will require quite some additional memory and a slower boot time, but will make querying for NAV data way faster.

This is all very much in the design phase still, we haven't decided if this will be the final design, but it seems like it for now :)

Corjan
Has this idea ever been implemented ?
Sure would be great

Ralph

#23 Post by Ralph »

Nav data only at the moment. Functionality will slowly expand.

marcel_felde

#24 Post by marcel_felde »

I am also interested... ;)

Keith Baxter

#25 Post by Keith Baxter »

Ralph wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:48 am Functionality will slowly expand.
Hi,

I will probably be D&D (dead and dust) at the pace it is expanding. :twisted:

But yes the layers are a great addition.

I would just like map layers to be incorporated with the work that @Sling and i have done regarding vector maps. The basics are in place. For me I just need the canvas parameters for the different layers and then bingo.
Other WX and WXR databases are another thing I would push for. Library's of terrain, obstetrical s, safe taxi, airport directories etc would be awesome. ;)
Perhaps a conversation could be had on how to implement something.

Keith

EDIT: LOL I said "obstetrical s". A bit different from what i meant to type, .. obstacle's :oops:
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card